SK1557 11 Nov 2018

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 11, 2018, 6:05:34 AM11/11/18

Date: 21 September 2018

Nov 12, 2018, 11:14:51 PM11/12/18
_DSC0877.JPG
_DSC0876.JPG

D.S Rawat

Nov 12, 2018, 11:39:31 PM11/12/18
to jmgarg1, indian...@googlegroups.com, Saroj Kasaju
A Flemingia sp. (Fabaceae).

DSRawat Pantnagar
Dr D.S. Rawat
Department of Biological Sciences, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology Pantnagar-263 145 Uttarakhand, INDIA
eflorapantnagar displaying wild flora of Pantnagar

J.M. Garg

Nov 13, 2018, 1:03:36 AM11/13/18
to D.S Rawat, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Rawat ji.
Hi, Saroj ji,
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

J.M. Garg

Nov 13, 2018, 7:56:41 AM11/13/18
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

On Tue 13 Nov, 2018, 12:47 PM Lalithamba Avadhanam, <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
Inflated pod indicates it as Crotalaria
A.Lalithamba

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 13, 2018, 9:01:29 AM11/13/18
to J.M. Garg, D.S Rawat, Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia
Dear all,

Tends to match more with F. macrophylla since  sepals and seed pod cover
are  hairy compared to F. semialata as well as leaves seems to be very rough in this case.

On the other hand F. semialata is not listed in Nepal.

I guess it is not matching with any Crotalaria .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 13, 2018, 11:01:05 PM11/13/18
to Saroj Kasaju, D.S Rawat, Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 13, 2018, 11:16:40 PM11/13/18
to J.M. Garg, D.S Rawat, Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia
Yes Mr. Garg I already did that and guessed so but could not confirm 100% by myself. May be someone could ID with the help of keys?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 1, 2018, 11:45:01 PM12/1/18
to efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju, Lalithamba Avadhanam
I will like to go with Flemingia semialata for the time being.

Oct 18, 2019, 5:59:36 AM10/18/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Nidhan Singh, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Tabish
You seem to be correct Mr. Garg but I could not find it its listing in the ACFPoN and
latest book from DPR.  All aspects looks closer to Flemingia macrophylla (Willd.) Kuntze ex Merr.
but this plant is very small compared to it and lot of hairs on buds and leaf also thick  and deep veins.

I am still confused between these two.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2019, 1:01:04 AM10/23/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
I further considered your plant.
Checklist of Nepal gives Flemingia semialata Roxb. as a syn. of Flemingia macrophylla as did Catalogue of Life.
However, Flora of Pakistan  GRIN  Tropicos  The Plant List Ver. 1.1  do not think so, as also Floras/ Books of South India.

I finally got online keys in the book at Flora of peninsular India, as per which F. semialata calyx has to be eglandular, which is not the case in your post.
So I take it as F. macrophylla.

Oct 23, 2019, 2:35:50 AM10/23/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
I think confusion is arising as there are two different Flemingia semialata as per details below from listings in IPNI:

Flemingia semialata Wall., Numer. List [Wallich] n. 5746 G, nom. inval.

Flora of Pakistan talks about Flemingia semialata Roxb. ex Aiton, Hort. Kew. ed. 2(4): 349. 1812. Parker, For. Fl. Punj. 3rd, ed. 165. 1956, which is an accepted name.
Checklist of Nepal talks about Flemingia semialata Roxb., Pl. Corom. 3: t. 249 (1815), which is stated to be a syn. of Flemingia macrophylla (Willd.) Merr., ; Philip. J. Sci. 5: 130 (1910).

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 26, 2022, 9:05:56 AM10/26/22
to J.M. Garg, Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia
Flemingia semialata Roxb. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 26, 2022, 9:18:23 AM10/26/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia

Flemingia macrophylla as calyx in glandular.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 10, 2023, 5:56:36 AM1/10/23
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Saroj Kasaju
I think it may be Flemingia prostrata, as posted by Ashutosh ji at Flemingia prostrata Roxb.Junior ex Roxb. submission AS2 January 2023 and as per description in Flora of China
The Description of Flemingia macrophylla looks a bit different as per Flora of China and as per GBIF specimens.

to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Saroj Kasaju
May be Flemingia macrophylla only as lower elevation as per Checklist of Nepal and acuminate apex as per description in Flora of China
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Ashutosh Sharma

Jan 10, 2023, 7:04:36 AM1/10/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Garg ji, it should be Flemingia prostrata based on inflorescence which is as long as or shorter than petiole but unfortunately there is no habit image showing its prostrate nature which otherwise makes it easy to confirm species. Flemingia prostrata shows affinities towards Flemingia angustifolia but differs from it in its oblong lanceolate leaflets, inflorescence shorter than the petiole and prostrate habit.

Thanks and regards
Ashutosh Sharma

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2023, 1:51:54 AM1/15/23
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Ashutosh ji,
To me, inflorescence looks longer than the petiole.
What about lower elevation as per Checklist of Nepal and acuminate apex as per description in Flora of China ?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2023, 2:50:33 AM1/15/23
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Also POWO and Checklist of Nepal does not show its distribution in Nepal.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2023, 2:58:37 AM1/15/23
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
ILDIS gives the following distribution:
Bangladesh (N) [3091, 3720]; India (N) [3031, 3035, 3091, 3375, 3382, 3598, 3720]; Bihar [3031]; Himachal Pradesh [3598]; Madhaya Pradesh [3375]; Meghalaya [3720]; Punjab [3382]; Tripura [3720]; Uttar Pradesh [3035]; West Bengal [3091]; Myanmar (N) [2110, 3720]; Ryukyu Is (N) [2825]; Taiwan (N)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2023, 4:06:17 AM1/15/23
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Ashutosh ji,
Have you checked Taxonomic revision of the genus Flemingia (Leguminosae: Papilionoideae) in India
  • November 2020
  • Webbia 75(2):141-218 ?.
  • This also does not give distribution in Nepal.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2023, 6:40:47 AM1/16/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, this may also be Flemingia prostrata.
Kindly confirm or otherwise.

Jan 16, 2023, 7:11:00 AM1/16/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Ashutosh Sharma
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji

Jan 16, 2023, 9:49:39 AM1/16/23
to J.M. Garg, mle...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma
Thank you Manoj ji !

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 24, 2023, 1:24:11 PM9/24/23
to J.M. Garg, mle...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma
Dear Ashutoish,

This year I missed the flower, however I got some images of fruiting stages and enclosing the image .
The sp. I have collected is 90cm. and there could be some taller than this height. The plant is erect,
not prostrate.

Compared with the images given in the plates of the article you have sent I feel it is more close to
Flemingia angustifolia Roxb.. Please have a look and suggest.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 24, 2023, 1:24:56 PM9/24/23

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 23.07.57.png
Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 23.08.20.png
Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 23.08.13.png
Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 23.08.06.png

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 24, 2023, 1:25:18 PM9/24/23
to J.M. Garg, mle...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0064.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 24, 2023, 1:25:35 PM9/24/23
to J.M. Garg, mle...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma
DSC_0065.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 24, 2023, 1:26:43 PM9/24/23
to J.M. Garg, mle...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 11:10 PM Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0068.JPG
DSC_0070.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 24, 2023, 1:26:56 PM9/24/23
to J.M. Garg, mle...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0075.JPG
DSC_0074.JPG
DSC_0073.JPG
DSC_0071.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2023, 6:39:37 AM9/28/23
to Saroj Kasaju, mle...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma
To me still more closer to Flemingia prostrata.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 28, 2023, 8:50:55 AM9/28/23
to J.M. Garg, mle...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma
Actually, both the sp. do not have distribution in Nepal and this sp. is  an erect shrub not prostate.
So I am not sure which one is this ?
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ashutosh Sharma

Sep 28, 2023, 10:32:52 PM9/28/23
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, mle...@gmail.com, efloraofindia
Dear Saroj ji,

I agree with you that your plant seems more close be F. angustifolia, however I am not sure without inflorescence & flowers details (moreover I am not expert in this genus but perhaps Dr. Manoj Lekhak sir may help with this).

As far as distribution is concerned both both the discussed species are known from adjoining areas of India. So, distribution is not a problem infact the syntype of F. angustifolia are from adjoining areas of Uttar Pradesh state so it may be present in Nepal as well.
Hoping to see inflorescence and flowers images next season!

Best wishes
Ashutosh Sharma

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 29, 2023, 3:28:55 AM9/29/23
to Ashutosh Sharma, J.M. Garg, mle...@gmail.com, efloraofindia

Thank you Ashutosh.  By the way I had posted inflorescence images earlier in Sep 2018 in this mail https://groups.google.com/g/indiantreepix/c/fSJvxBFcwnY/m/v9HIxPxWAQAJ.
This time I was a bit late to collect flowers for dissection and needed to wait for the next season.
Anyway, if you can validate with the images of flowers from the enclosed link ?

Saroj Kasaju

ashutoshsharma11sn

Oct 2, 2023, 5:50:51 AM10/2/23
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Saroj ji,

After comparing all the images in my opinion your plant should be F. prostrata, the branched stems of this species can grow up to 0.5–1 m long.

With regards
Ashutosh Sharma

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 2, 2023, 5:52:41 AM10/2/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Ashutosh Sharma, J.M. Garg
So, branches could be erect for this sp. also ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

ashutoshsharma11sn

Oct 2, 2023, 8:38:09 AM10/2/23
to eFloraofIndia
Yes, few mature branches may be partially erect but generally the plant habit is prostrate. There are no plant habit and habitat images in the post to see how erect and tall plants were in-situ.
Image DSC_0064.JPG clearly shows weak stems and not with upright erect stature.

With regards
Ashutosh Sharma