Persicaria perfoliata (L.) H.Gross

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 16, 2019, 5:15:37 AM10/16/19
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke
Dear Members,

Location: Chalnakhel, kathmandu, Nepal
Altitude: 1570 m.
Date: 14 September  2019
Habit : Wild

Nepali Names : घुमाउरो काँडा  Ghumaauro Kaandaa  / अमिलो पिरे लहरो Amilo Piure Laharo /  बाख्रे आँख्ला  Baakhre Aankhlaa / फाफ्रे झार Phaaphre Jhaar

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0338 copy.JPG
DSC_0337 copy.JPG
DSC_0335.JPG
DSC_0336 copy.JPG

dr.rakesh Singh

Oct 16, 2019, 9:52:56 AM10/16/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke
Wow !!! Very well  documented !!!

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 16, 2019, 10:08:26 AM10/16/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg
Thank you Dr. Singh!

Saroj Kasaju

--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

ushadi

Oct 16, 2019, 1:06:40 PM10/16/19
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg
one more sp with blue fruits
very nice
Regards
Ushadi

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 16, 2019, 1:20:58 PM10/16/19
to efloraindia, Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg

Thank you Udha Di !

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Oct 17, 2019, 3:58:16 AM10/17/19
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Thanks Saroj ji for the Nepali names of the plant.
The blue colour of the fruit is pleasure to eyes.
But, I am curious and naive ... are those fruits or buds ?
Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 17, 2019, 7:56:45 AM10/17/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg
Thank you Dinesh ji.

Never seen flowers.

Thank you !

ushadi

Oct 17, 2019, 9:51:21 AM10/17/19
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg

Regards
Ushadi
Dinesh
did I jump the gun and think it was fruit?

I looked at it again
may  be fruit
may be bud

either

some fruit can have those protective round covers
as in Chalta ir Dillenia indica fruits

any  way any follow up would be nice Saroj ji if possible

Dinesh Valke

Oct 17, 2019, 10:02:05 AM10/17/19
to ushadi, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Thanks Usha di ... you are right - they are fruits.
I was not having sufficient time to google then.
Now I did a search. They are fruits, and also learnt that the whole structure is infructescence (an aggregate fruit, or a fruiting head).
Thank you and Saroj ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 17, 2019, 12:03:40 PM10/17/19
to efloraindia, ushadi, J.M. Garg
Never seen flower of this plant but enclosing flower image from net.

   2048 × 1536

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

ushadi

Oct 17, 2019, 12:20:36 PM10/17/19
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Thanks
DInesh
you are nothing if not thorough
I appreciate that

Regards
Ushadi

ushadi

Oct 17, 2019, 12:21:40 PM10/17/19
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Thanks Saroj

regards

Ushadi

Dinesh Valke

Oct 17, 2019, 12:33:44 PM10/17/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Saroj ji and Usha di.
Regards.
Dinesh

Nidhan Singh

Oct 17, 2019, 10:00:31 PM10/17/19
to indiantreepix
Thanks Saroj Ji for showing this plant, when I had seen it in Gori Valley area (in October), it was having fruits only, probably it flowers in August...
I could never see it again..

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 17, 2019, 10:11:13 PM10/17/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Nidhan Sir.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 20, 2019, 10:08:27 AM10/20/19
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Nidhan Singh, Ushadi Micromini, Dinesh Valke, dr.rakesh Singh
DSC_0203a.JPG