Rhododendron arboreum AT/May 2019/06

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 6, 2019, 12:25:15 PM5/6/19
to efloraofindia
Rhododendron arboreum
Tree Rhododendron
बुरांस Burans
Shimla
May 2019

--
With best Regards,

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur
DSC_0425.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

May 6, 2019, 1:07:32 PM5/6/19
to efloraindia
Beautiful.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ushadi Micromini

May 6, 2019, 6:17:25 PM5/6/19
to efloraofindia
great
is this what the ethnic use  icludes making cough and cold syrups from?
do you know?
or find out?
thanks, Anil
Usha di

Anil Thakur

May 6, 2019, 11:24:16 PM5/6/19
to efloraofindia
Udhari, never heard of its uses in cough and cold. Although it is a good remedy for high blood pressure. I am compiling details at my Blog "Plants & Environment"

Regard.

Anil Thakur

May 6, 2019, 11:25:05 PM5/6/19
to efloraofindia
Thank you, Saroj ji

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 6, 2019, 11:29:12 PM5/6/19
to efloraofindia
Sorry, Ushadi
Mobile dictionary changed the spelling if your name.

On Tue 7 May, 2019, 8:54 AM Anil Thakur, <aniltha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Udhari, never heard of its uses in cough and cold. Although it is a good remedy for high blood pressure. I am compiling details at my Blog "Plants & Environment"

Regard.

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 6, 2019, 11:34:32 PM5/6/19
to efloraofindia
IMG_20190430_001243.jpg
IMG_20190419_182840.jpg

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 6, 2019, 11:38:16 PM5/6/19
to efloraofindia
Red Rhodo Green Tea
IMG_20190504_104751.jpg

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 7, 2019, 12:10:11 AM5/7/19
to efloraofindia
Red Rhodo Chutney
With and without mint
IMG_20190503_180159.jpg
IMG_20190504_104535.jpg

Ushadi Micromini

May 7, 2019, 4:42:33 AM5/7/19
to efloraofindia
Anil
i was at a CSIR symposium in 2016 in Delhi
the kitchen guys became friendly because of my dietary restrictions for certain grains
one of them had a relative with cancer etc
i could help a bit
they became more talkative after that
he told me about Buransh....tree laden with red flowers
Rhododendron tree
i t was the first time i was hearing the word Buransh
he showed me a picture of the tree on his cell hone, let me copy it
he told me about the cough syrup

Another man who seemed to know a bit more
said it was not really syrup but juice
it was really juice of the red flowers
and his village the elders advised // used it for the heart
this is in my note  on blue stickies that i took a picture of
dont know where the rest of my original notes are
they have to be around in my voluminous files
does not seem to have been filed in ethnobotany or heart

about the automatic completion, i still cant tolerate my apple's language skills
i am trying to train siri
but    !!!!!!
so i understand
No problem....

Usha di

Ushadi Micromini

May 7, 2019, 4:47:30 AM5/7/19
to efloraofindia
recipes?
Usha di
===========

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 7, 2019, 3:04:52 PM5/7/19
to efloraofindia
Red Rhodo Chutney
Without and with mint

On Mon 6 May, 2019, 9:55 PM Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, <aniltha...@gmail.com> wrote:
IMG_20190504_104535.jpg
IMG_20190504_104515.jpg

Ushadi Micromini

May 7, 2019, 4:44:12 PM5/7/19
to efloraofindia
i meant how do you make it

Usha di

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 7, 2019, 11:26:00 PM5/7/19
to efloraofindia
Petals, onion and mint blended and salt and spices added to the taste. A lemon was also added.

Regards

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.

J.M. Garg

May 9, 2019, 12:15:59 AM5/9/19
to efloraofindia, Anil Thakur, Ushadi micromini
Thanks, Anil ji and Ushadi for good details.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ushadi Micromini

May 9, 2019, 1:49:54 AM5/9/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anil Thakur
Thanks, Anil
i guess one could make similar chutneys of other edible flowers, will try if i get enough flowers
will try
Usha di
===========

Ushadi Micromini

May 9, 2019, 1:50:35 AM5/9/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anil Thakur
thanks for appreciating, Gargji
Usha di
===========

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 9, 2019, 2:48:34 AM5/9/19
to Ushadi Micromini, J. M. Garg, efloraofindia
These petsls are slightly sour, Ushadi
Regards

Ushadi Micromini

May 9, 2019, 6:08:53 AM5/9/19
to Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, J. M. Garg, efloraofindia
so
must look for flowers with slightly sourish taste
ok
Usha di
===========

Saroj Kasaju

May 9, 2019, 12:59:26 PM5/9/19
to efloraindia, Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, J. M. Garg
We make juice also from flowers in Nepal.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ushadi Micromini

May 9, 2019, 1:06:13 PM5/9/19
to efloraofindia, Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, J. M. Garg
Saroj ji
how do you use it
what conditions does it help
?

do you add anything else?
thank you
Usha di
===========

Saroj Kasaju

May 9, 2019, 1:09:09 PM5/9/19
to efloraindia, Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, J. M. Garg
It is prepared in a small commercial scale but I do not
have the idea about the process..

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ushadi Micromini

May 9, 2019, 1:10:28 PM5/9/19
to efloraofindia, Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, J. M. Garg
uses is what i am after
Usha di
===========

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 9, 2019, 1:22:16 PM5/9/19
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia, J. M. Garg
Saroj ji, I have also prepared Rhodo squash.

Regards

Saroj Kasaju

May 9, 2019, 1:32:20 PM5/9/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J. M. Garg, Ushadi Micromini
Used for drink like other fuit juice/squash !

--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ushadi Micromini

May 9, 2019, 2:02:36 PM5/9/19
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J. M. Garg
wow

live and learn is my motto
longer i live
and have conversations like this