14122020PP3

Paul Pop

Dec 14, 2020, 9:41:01 AM12/14/20
to indiantreepix
Request for identification of tree.

Date: 22nd June 2020

Time: 1110 hrs

Location- Eco-park, Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh

Habitat- Wild, on a hilly slope

With kind regards,
Paul Pop
9.JPG

Paul Pop

Dec 14, 2020, 9:41:33 AM12/14/20
to indiantreepix
Close-up of leaves
9b.jpg

Paul Pop

Dec 14, 2020, 9:43:25 AM12/14/20
to indiantreepix
Close-up of bark

9a.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 14, 2020, 9:59:44 AM12/14/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Brassaiopsis hainla (Buch.-Ham.) Seem. ??
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 20, 2020, 11:53:15 AM12/20/20
to efloraofindia, Paul Pop, Saroj Kasaju
Maybe.
But it does not have distribution in the area as per POWO and Checklist of Nepal.
Was it planted?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 26, 2020, 9:13:38 PM12/26/20
to Paul Pop, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Sat, 26 Dec, 2020, 10:56 pm Paul Pop, <paul...@gmail.com> wrote:
Saroj sir, does that species grow up to be a large tree like this? I couldn't find a similar picture of such a form for this species, online. Garg sir, this was wild (atleast, looked like it), and there were several of them together forming a small patch of the same tree.

Regards,
Paul

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 26, 2020, 9:31:41 PM12/26/20
to J.M. Garg, Paul Pop, efloraofindia
It can grow upto 15 m. in height !
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

Paul Pop

Jun 30, 2021, 7:43:26 AM6/30/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Ok, thanks.

Sorry for the late reply.

Regards,
Paul

radha veach

Jun 30, 2021, 9:03:52 AM6/30/21
to efloraofindia
Sterculia villosa?

Regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

Jul 8, 2021, 12:15:49 PM7/8/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach, Saroj Kasaju, Paul Pop
Thanks, Radha ji,
Yes, appears quite close as per images at Sterculia villosa

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paul Pop

Jul 8, 2021, 4:56:13 PM7/8/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach, Saroj Kasaju
So, this is Sterculia villosa for sure?

radha veach

Jul 8, 2021, 7:15:15 PM7/8/21
to Paul Pop, efloraofindia
To me it is. Photos are clear. Distribution is matching, as well as the details you had given about several trees growing together.

Regards
Radha

Paul Pop

Jul 8, 2021, 11:46:27 PM7/8/21