Banisteriopsis laevifolia for validation/correction:: NS- April 2022

Nidhan Singh

Apr 22, 2022, 10:25:01 PM4/22/22
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This liana was shot a few years ago, was found growing in cultivation in Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra, Haryana..
I have tried to identify it, and I am quite convinced that it may be Banisteriposis laevifolia A. Juss....
This is for validation please, and if correct, an eFI entry can be created, along with rectifying some images under Stigmaphyllon emarginatum..

I hope to get validation/correction..

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Banisteriopsis laevifolia (1).JPG
Banisteriopsis laevifolia (4).JPG
Banisteriopsis laevifolia (5).JPG
Banisteriopsis laevifolia (6).JPG
Banisteriopsis laevifolia (2).JPG
Banisteriopsis laevifolia (7).JPG
Banisteriopsis laevifolia (8).JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2022, 1:35:22 AM4/23/22
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Nidhan ji,
How is different from images at https://efloraofindia.com/2014/12/07/stigmaphyllon-emarginatum/

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 28, 2022, 3:14:59 AM4/28/22
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
It is different from as buds are different as per
POWO
https://www.samorini.it/doc1/alt_aut/ek/gates-banisteriopsis-diplopterys-malpighiaceae.pdf (page 59)

So take it Stigmaphyllon emarginatum only, as per images herein. Flora of Peninsular India mentions this and Stigmaphyllon ciliatum (Lam.) A.Juss. only.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg