Persicaria sinuata submission AS3 Jan21

Ashutosh Sharma

Jan 28, 2021, 6:43:12 AM1/28/21
to indiantreepix
Respected members,

Persicaria sinuata (Royle ex Bab.) H.Gross
Family - Polygonaceae
Photographed near Dharamshala, HP
In late August 2019
Habitat - Subalpine rocky in moist places

This species is often confused with its very closely related sister species known from Eastern Himalayas (P. runcinata) from which it is different in having much smaller size of all parts including leaves, creeping habit not erect and almost glabrous nature except peduncle which is sometimes puberulent. Also the inflorescence heads are generally darker pink in P. sinuata and mostly (but not always) pale rosa in P.runcinata.
The images present on P.runcinata page on our site from Himachal Pradesh is actually of P.sinuata as other species (P.runcinata) i think is not so far known from Western Himalaya as it is more Central and Eastern Himalayan species. I will comment separately on those misidentified posts for correction.

Best regards
Ashutosh Sharma
Persicaria sinuata inflorescence head.jpg
Persicaria sinuata creeping habit.jpg
Persicaria sinuata.jpg
Persicaria sinuata flowering.jpg
Persicaria sinuata habitat.jpg