Polygonatum multiflorum (L.) All. submission AS15 June22

Ashutosh Sharma

Jun 23, 2022, 4:14:39 PM6/23/22
to indiantreepix
Respected members,

Here's a Polygonatum species addition to eFloraofIndia website.

Polygonatum multiflorum (L.) All.
Family- Asparagaceae

Photographed in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh
In early June 2022
Elevation - 2400 metres

With best regards
Ashutosh Sharma
Polygonatum multiflorum habitat.jpg
Polygonatum multiflorum ventral leaves.jpg
Polygonatum multiflorum dorsal leaves with fruits.jpg
Polygonatum multiflorum fruits.jpg

Ashutosh Sharma

Jun 23, 2022, 4:16:18 PM6/23/22
to indiantreepix
Adding some more images

With best regards
Ashutosh Sharma
Polygonatum multiflorum fruit closeup.jpg
Polygonatum multiflorum 1.jpg
Polygonatum multiflorum.jpg
Polygonatum multiflorum root.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 23, 2022, 8:43:48 PM6/23/22
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma
Thanks, Ashutosh ji, for the wonderful addition.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mahadeswara

Jun 24, 2022, 12:05:01 AM6/24/22
to eFloraofIndia
Wonderful !

Nidhan Singh

Jun 24, 2022, 12:21:43 AM6/24/22
to indiantreepix
Excellent details Ashutosh Ji--...--!!

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Anil Thakur

Jun 24, 2022, 4:07:34 AM6/24/22
to eFloraofIndia
Beautiful clicks, Dear Ashutosh Ji

Regards

Anil Thakur

Jun 24, 2022, 4:08:03 AM6/24/22
to eFloraofIndia
Avoid uprooting of such rare plants

J.M. Garg

Jun 29, 2022, 12:13:07 PM6/29/22
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Anil Thakur, Tabish, Sunit Singh
I do not know why POWO and CoL does not show distribution in India, while it is shown in BSI Checklist and Flora of Pakistan.
Is it because of some revision subsequently?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sunit Singh

Jun 29, 2022, 12:25:36 PM6/29/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Anil Thakur, Tabish
I was in same dilemma in 2019, when I firstly checked it on POWO, On the basis of PoWO's geographical distribution I was ready to publish it as new record to India. But after checking herbarium sheets and local floras, it was cleared that this species is known from different regions of Western Himalaya. I think the site of PoWO is still under construction, not fully belief able in respect of distribution.

Thanks and regards

J.M. Garg

Jun 29, 2022, 8:42:00 PM6/29/22
to afloden, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Anil Thakur, Tabish, Sunit Singh
Thanks a lot, Floden ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Thu, 30 Jun, 2022, 3:18 am afloden, <afl...@vols.utk.edu> wrote:
Hi J.M. Garg,

 I need to sign back up for the Flora of India group. My old email was afl...@utk.edu, but they changed that to afl...@vols.utk.edu and I couldn't get access to change passwords signed up under the old email.

 Polygonatum multiflorum is strictly European-Caucasus in distribution. Plants from the western Himalaya are now re-recognized as P. govanianum which has a different chromosome number, morphology, and is closer to the Chinese P. yunnanense, P. orientale, and others.

Jun 30, 2022, 10:50:24 AM6/30/22
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Sunit Singh, Tabish, Anil Thakur
Thanks, Floden ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jun 30, 2022, 11:37:29 AM6/30/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Sunit Singh, Tabish
Thank you Floden ji and Garg ji
Regards

Sunit Singh

Jul 1, 2022, 11:24:08 AM7/1/22
to J.M. Garg, afloden, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Anil Thakur, Tabish
Thanks a lot, sir.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
07/01/22, 08:59:03 PM

Ashutosh Sharma

Jul 4, 2022, 10:27:51 PM7/4/22
to afl...@vols.utk.edu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sunit Singh
Thanks for correcting Dr. Floden, Garg ji and Sunit ji.

With best regards
Ashutosh Sharma