153 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 21, 2021, 2:01:10 PM9/21/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, very beautiful and rare.  With kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 25.08.2021, 03.20pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, nearby stream, filtered sunlight

Plant habit: under shrub, erect, branches and rare roots above base (if stem cuts), semi hard purple stem with red dots 08mm diameter, hairy, annual

Height: 03.5 feet

Leaves: opposite, heart shaped, apex, purple petioles, toothed margins, size:14×9cm

Flower: erect pyramidal racemose, clustered, size:25×15×06mm, violet with white, non fragrant

Fruit: cone shaped, violet into brown, size:07×04mm

Seed: black 4 nos., pea shaped size:1.5×0.5mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

153 Identify wild plant
20210825_152114.jpg
20210825_152244.jpg
20210825_152042.jpg
20210825_151959.jpg
20210825_152008.jpg
20210825_152142.jpg
20210825_151930.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 21, 2021, 2:03:10 PM9/21/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210825_152634.jpg
20210825_152921.jpg
20210825_152435.jpg
20210825_152417.jpg
20210825_152558.jpg
20210825_152730.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 21, 2021, 2:06:30 PM9/21/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210825_153109.jpg
20210825_153605.jpg
20210825_153717.jpg
20210825_153342.jpg
20210825_162153.jpg
20210825_153742.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 21, 2021, 2:08:29 PM9/21/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210825_154054.jpg
20210825_154037.jpg
20210825_153141.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 22, 2021, 4:12:25 AM9/22/21
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg

Plectranthus malabaricus (Benth.) R.H.Willemse !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 22, 2021, 5:21:09 AM9/22/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it is dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 22, 2021, 5:25:25 AM9/22/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
My pleasure !
Thank you Sam !

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 22, 2021, 11:27:46 AM9/22/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
It is more close to P. idukkianus, dear Saroj ji.  It is a similar variety of P. malabaricus. The distance to Idukki city is only 35km from here and my location is in Idukki district border.  Please check the screen shots, with kind regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20210922-204228_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210922-204108_Chrome.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 22, 2021, 12:23:33 PM9/22/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
I guess so ! Coleus idukkianus (J.Mathew, Yohannan & B.J.Conn) Smitha!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 22, 2021, 12:27:05 PM9/22/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.