384 ID wild climber River Jasmine

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 9, 2022, 6:09:58 AM11/9/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild climber, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 08NOV2022, 02.40pm

Habitat: wild moisture stream side rocky, shady, tree supported

Plant habit: climbing, creeping, branches, hard lite flaked silverish stem 02cm base diameter, long lasting

Host tree: Wild Olive Tree

Height: 06 meters

Leaves: opposite, tripartite, leaflets elliptic simple glossy acute, wavy margins, glands at base of vien on mid rib, size upto:12×6cm

Flower: axillary spike racemose, clustered, 04-5 petals, diameter:03cm, white, good fragrance

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20221108144849_IMG_3569.JPG
20221108145022_IMG_3575.JPG
20221108144224_IMG_3557.JPG
20221108151203_IMG_3607.JPG
20221108145125_IMG_3579.JPG
20221108145111_IMG_3578.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 9, 2022, 6:28:40 AM11/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221108151444_IMG_3611.JPG
20221108151330_IMG_3609.JPG
20221108145909_IMG_3593.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 9, 2022, 6:32:44 AM11/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221108155555_IMG_3625.JPG
20221108145424_IMG_3583.JPG
20221108145448_IMG_3584.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 9, 2022, 6:39:41 AM11/9/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Jasminum caudatum Wall. ex Lindl.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 9, 2022, 6:57:41 AM11/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images

On Wed, 9 Nov 2022, 5:10 pm Sam Kuzhalanattu, <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sharing more images
20221108150008_IMG_3594.JPG
20221108150042_IMG_3595.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 9, 2022, 7:02:45 AM11/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221108145728_IMG_3590.JPG
20221108145835_IMG_3592.JPG
20221108145819_IMG_3591.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 9, 2022, 7:07:51 AM11/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221108150238_IMG_3597.JPG
20221108150254_IMG_3598.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 9, 2022, 7:11:06 AM11/9/22
to efloraofindia
Yes it is Jasminum caudatum, dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 9, 2022, 7:12:12 AM11/9/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 10, 2022, 10:43:33 PM11/10/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Sharing an image
20221108144648_IMG_3563.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 11, 2022, 5:16:14 AM11/11/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
I do not think so.
To me appears close.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 14, 2022, 9:39:59 AM11/14/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
Thank you very much for ID.  It is very close to J. flexile, but some differences also: most of J. flexile flowers have 5 petals, veins and midrib are more raised in upper epidermis, non visibility of micro glands in midrib in upper epidermis and more elliptic than petals of my plant.  Flowers with 5 petals are very rare in my plant.  With kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2022, 5:25:15 AM11/15/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Yes, there is variation in the number of petals (in general in Jasminum). Also pl. see
http://flora-peninsula-indica.ces.iisc.ac.in/herbsheet.php?id=6438&cat=7
https://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Taruni.html
That is the closest I could match.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 15, 2022, 9:23:48 AM11/15/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Ok dear Garg ji, thank you very much for providing the link.  Then please conclude the ID, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 16, 2022, 2:38:22 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Dear All,
Giby ji also identified as J. flexile, when petals are less than or 5, thanks a lot, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Nov 16, 2022, 4:27:15 AM11/16/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Good
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg