281 ID wild climber

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 9, 2022, 4:25:44 AM3/9/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild climber, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Kumily, Idukki Dist., Kerala

Altitude: 3000fsl

Flower date: 09.01.2022, 10.10am

Habitat: wild, moisture, roadside

Plant habit: climbing, branches, weak rigid highly gripped (skin cut) stem 04mm base diameter

Height: 02 meters

Leaves: whorled, heart-shaped, lengthy rigid gripped petiole, apex, fully highly strong grips (skin cuts if wipe), serrated margins,size:7×4cm or less

Flower: racemose, diameter:02.5mm, yellow, fragrant

Fruit: globular green into black, diameter:06mm

Seed:

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s
281 Identify wild plant
20220109_101233.jpg
20220109_102254.jpg
20220109_101727.jpg
20220109_102216.jpg
20220109_102227.jpg
20220109_101424.jpg
20220109_101710.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 9, 2022, 4:30:55 AM3/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220109_102100.jpg
20220109_101743.jpg
20220109_101753.jpg
20220109_101656.jpg
20220109_101815.jpg
20220109_101800.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 9, 2022, 4:32:58 AM3/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220109_102148.jpg
20220109_102100.jpg
20220109_102202.jpg
20220109_102038.jpg
20220109_102311.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 9, 2022, 4:34:00 AM3/9/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing mode images
20220109_102343.jpg
20220109_102336.jpg

Nayan Singh

Mar 9, 2022, 5:57:47 AM3/9/22
to efloraofindia
Rubia manjith Roxb.

Thanks

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Retd. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal India.

J.M. Garg

Mar 9, 2022, 7:50:35 PM3/9/22
to efloraofindia, Nayan Singh, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Sam ji and Nayan ji.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 10, 2022, 12:07:07 AM3/10/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nayan Singh
Dear Garg ji, Nayan ji,
Thank you very much for the ID suggestion.  It is more close to Rubia cordifolia,  as per our eFI, pale flowers are R. cordifolia, please check screenshot.  With kind regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20220310-102833_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220310-102444_Chrome.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 14, 2022, 7:33:21 AM3/14/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, Nayan Singh
Yes, Rubia cordifolia L. as per images and details herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 14, 2022, 9:40:37 AM3/14/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nayan Singh
Dear Garg ji, Nayan ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.