171 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 23, 2021, 2:46:09 PM10/23/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 28.07.2021, 01.25pm

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: climbing, branches, hard stem, whitish old stem, hairy/velvety, long lasting

Height: 04 meters

Leaves: opposite, ovate, apex, velvety both sides, size:08×4cm or less

Flower: racemose, clustered, diameter:02mm, yellow, non fragrant

Fruit: globular green, diameter:08mm

Seed:

Camera: Samsung Galaxy A21s +macro lens

171 Identify wild plant
20210728_133318.jpg
20210724_124351.jpg
20210728_132711.jpg
20210728_133141.jpg
20210724_124303.jpg
20210724_124702.jpg
20210728_132534.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 23, 2021, 2:50:42 PM10/23/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210724_125530.jpg
20210919_123035.jpg
20210724_125542.jpg
20210728_133354.jpg
20210919_123055.jpg
20210724_124937.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 23, 2021, 2:53:20 PM10/23/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211007_135535.jpg
20211007_160203.jpg
20211007_135610.jpg
20211007_160135.jpg
20211007_160020.jpg
20211007_135708.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 23, 2021, 2:55:31 PM10/23/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210724_125613.jpg
20210724_125604.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Oct 23, 2021, 8:38:30 PM10/23/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Gymnema sp.,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
10/24/21, 06:07:38 AM

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 23, 2021, 10:21:31 PM10/23/21
to J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Sam Kuzhalanattu, indian...@googlegroups.com
Gymnema sylvestre (Retz.) R.Br. ex Sm.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 23, 2021, 10:53:32 PM10/23/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Yes, it is dear Saroj ji and Paradesi ji.  But the fruit image is different.  The fruit image is collected from similar plant (in my view) half km distance and no flowers in it.  With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 23, 2021, 10:55:37 PM10/23/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
OK Sam.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 25, 2021, 10:31:01 PM10/25/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Dear Saroj ji,  Paradesi ji,
Yes, the fruit is cone shaped and latex visible (captured from near Kottappara Hills, Vannappuram P.O., Thodupuzha, Idukki Dt., Kerala at a distance of 10km from my location).  I am happy to share more information and images, kind regards, Sam.

Fruit: cone shaped, green into brown, lengthy 10cm, base diameter:10mm

20211025_162428.jpg
20211025_162516.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 26, 2021, 5:46:01 AM10/26/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
So ID ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 26, 2021, 7:01:25 AM10/26/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
The ID Gymnema sylvestre that suggested by you are correct, dear Saroj ji.  The single leaf and young stem (opposite) images are of the fruit plant's, and original leaf and stem images are under, with kind regards, Sam.
20210728_133444.jpg
20210724_125041.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 4, 2021, 4:31:25 AM11/4/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
There is another closely related species Gymnema decaisneanum (syn: Gymnema hirsutum Wight & Arn.; Gymnema mohanramii Karthik. & Moorthy) to Gymnema sylvestre.
May be experts help in finalising the id.

20210724_125530.jpg
20210919_123035.jpg
20210724_125542.jpg
20210728_133354.jpg
20210919_123055.jpg
20210724_124937.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 4, 2021, 4:32:27 AM11/4/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
There is another closely related species Gymnema decaisneanum (syn: Gymnema hirsutum Wight & Arn.; Gymnema mohanramii Karthik. & Moorthy) to Gymnema sylvestre.
May be experts help in finalising the id.

Nov 4, 2021, 4:39:19 AM11/4/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Keys are available in Flora of peninsular India.
I do not know if we can decide based on this.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 4, 2021, 6:05:06 AM11/4/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
I am sure it is Gymnema sylvestre, dear Garg ji, Keralaplants.in also says it is Gymnema sylvestre. Please check the Malayalam name in screen shot, kind regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20211104-152829_Chrome.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 4, 2021, 6:42:24 AM11/4/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
I am agree to whatever your decision, dear Garg ji, in this regard.
Sincerely yours,
Sam.

J.M. Garg

Nov 12, 2021, 4:11:47 AM11/12/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Keys are available in Flora of peninsular India.
I do not know if we can decide based on this.
Also attaching a copy of the publication.
Maybe the experts can help.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 12, 2021, 6:38:18 AM11/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very much for providing the link and information, dear Garg ji. I agreed with the description in the link and the images match with my plant.  G. mohanramii is reported from Kerala, and also listed in Ernakulam District, so I think it is Gymnema mohanramii.  With kind regards, Sam.