257 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 21, 2022, 4:21:49 AM1/21/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID my plant, kind regards, Sam.
Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 14.01.2022, 03.50pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, streamside rock-crack, shady

Plant habit: tree, erect, branches, hard woody stem 30 inches base circumference, long lasting

Height: 07 meters

Leaves: alternate, ovate, oblong, apex, glossy, size:20×7cm or less

Flower: axillary, 5 petals, diameter:03.5cm, white, good fragrance

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s
257 Identify wild plant
20220114_155703.jpg
20220114_155813.jpg
20220114_155343.jpg
20220114_155738.jpg
20220114_155450.jpg
20220114_155800.jpg
20220114_154900.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 21, 2022, 4:25:12 AM1/21/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images

20220114_160411.jpg
20220114_155823.jpg
20220114_161558.jpg
20220114_160703.jpg
20220114_155851.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 21, 2022, 4:28:30 AM1/21/22
to efloraofindia
The said request is of small tree in the images, sharing more images.
20220114_161530.jpg
20220114_161109.jpg

Mahadeswara

Jan 21, 2022, 11:08:32 PM1/21/22
to efloraofindia
Superb upload with beautiful close up of flowers ! Wonderful.  Let me try the ID.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 22, 2022, 1:38:27 AM1/22/22
to efloraofindia
Thank you very much dear Mahadeswara ji, for the appreciation, with kind regards, Sam.

vip...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2022, 6:37:51 AM1/22/22
to efloraofindia

This appears to be Hydnocarpus alpinus Wight [Achariaceae].

Best wishes, Viplav

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2022, 5:32:50 AM1/24/22
to efloraofindia