235 ID wild plant Commelina

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 26, 2021, 11:49:07 AM12/26/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, a combo of 03 Commelina sps. flowers close to Dictyospermum montanum, leaves close to Murdannia japonica and dry fruits and seeds (nice) close to Murdannia loriformis. With kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki District Kerala 685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 14.12.2021, 08.55am

Habitat: wild, moisture, shady, streamside, giant rock-stone

Plant habit: erect, no stem, basal rosette on 90° steep giant rock-stone, perennial

Height: 03cm

Leaves: rosette, alternate, oblong, apex, smooth, soft, fleshy 01mm thickness, wavy margins, size:08×02 inches

Flower: axillary, racemose, 03 petals, diameter:10mm, white, non fragrant

Fruit: capsule green into black size:9×2.5mm

Seed: black, numerous, rigid, granular

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s
235 Identify wild plant
20211214_085503.jpg
20211213_163940.jpg
20211214_085717.jpg
20211214_085738.jpg
20211214_085659.jpg
20211214_085626.jpg
20211213_163637.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 26, 2021, 11:50:09 AM12/26/21
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Murdannia !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 26, 2021, 11:50:55 AM12/26/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211213_164119.jpg
20211213_164159.jpg
20211213_164131.jpg
20211213_164051.jpg
20211213_164027.jpg
20211213_164057.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 26, 2021, 11:59:00 AM12/26/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images

20211214_174846.jpg
20211213_163901.jpg
20211213_164219.jpg
20211213_163604.jpg
20211214_085744.jpg
20211213_164300.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 26, 2021, 12:13:28 PM12/26/21
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg

Murdannia loriformis (Hask.) Rolla Rao & Kammathy may be close !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 26, 2021, 12:23:38 PM12/26/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Not Murdannia loriformis (Hask.) Rolla Rao & Kammathy
dear Saroj ji, peduncle is differ only 03cm, and no leaves images,  with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Dec 30, 2021, 7:19:51 AM12/30/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, looks different from Murdannia loriformis
Leaves would have helped.

235 Identify wild plant
20211214_085503.jpg
20211213_163940.jpg
20211214_085717.jpg
20211214_085738.jpg
20211214_085659.jpg
20211214_085626.jpg
20211213_163637.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 30, 2021, 7:22:13 AM12/30/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, looks different from Murdannia loriformis
Leaves would have helped.

to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, looks different from Murdannia loriformis
Leaves would have helped.

Dec 30, 2021, 8:33:34 AM12/30/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you very much dear Garg ji, for forwarding my ID request, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jan 5, 2022, 2:34:55 AM1/5/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Yes, looks different from Murdannia loriformis

Jan 5, 2022, 3:51:44 AM1/5/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you dear Garg ji, for forwarding my ID request, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jan 5, 2022, 8:46:56 PM1/5/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Manudev ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jan 5, 2022, 11:47:31 PM1/5/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, manudevk...@gmail.com
Great dear Manudev ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2022, 12:16:02 AM1/6/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, manudevk...@gmail.com, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, Manudev ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jan 10, 2022, 12:35:20 AM1/10/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, manudev madhavan, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Manudev ji, for the id.
Yes, appears to match with the publication at
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

mayur nandikar

Jan 10, 2022, 12:49:46 AM1/10/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Sam ji,

If you are going to visit this place again, please try to observe how the seeds are arranged. I still remember a specimen from Idukki housed at Madras Herbarium I have identified as Murdannia glauca.Its polymorphic species and number of stamens often varies from 2 to 3, but uniseriate seed arrangement make it different from others.

sincerely,
Mayur

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 10, 2022, 1:09:37 AM1/10/22
to mayur nandikar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Mayur ji,
Thanks for your mail, interesting to know the seed arrangements, I am sure and ready to help in this regard.  Please tell me how I can collect it, means after explosion of capsule or just before explotion. With kind regards, Sam.

mayur nandikar

Jan 10, 2022, 5:20:24 AM1/10/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Sam ji,

Thank you for your positive response. I need some immature capsules preserved in alcohol or formaldehyde, an entire specimen (if there are enough individuals) and few likely to be mature capsules. This will help to understand the plants for its correct ID.

sincerely,
Mayur

J.M. Garg

Jan 13, 2022, 6:50:28 AM1/13/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, mayur nandikar
Thanks, Mayur ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 14, 2022, 12:31:48 PM1/14/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, mayur nandikar
Dear Garg ji,
Today I have been there and collected immature capsules, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jan 18, 2022, 3:51:08 AM1/18/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, mayur nandikar
Can you post the seed arrangements?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 18, 2022, 9:23:34 AM1/18/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, mayur nandikar
Dear Garg ji,
I am sent it to Maruthi, and it is on the way.
With kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 18, 2022, 9:25:20 AM1/18/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, mayur nandikar
Dear Garg ji,
I am sent it to Mayur ji, and it is on the way.
With kind regards, Sam

J.M. Garg

Jan 18, 2022, 9:59:22 AM1/18/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, mayur nandikar
Maybe Mayur ji confirms on its examination.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 23, 2022, 11:16:49 AM1/23/22
to efloraofindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 25, 2022, 4:12:57 AM1/25/22
to efloraofindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 27, 2022, 11:01:03 AM1/27/22
to efloraofindia, mayur nandikar
Any further news, Mayur ji?

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 at 20:24, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 1, 2022, 4:05:38 AM2/1/22
to efloraofindia
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 at 20:24, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 4, 2022, 5:24:11 AM2/4/22
to efloraofindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

mayur nandikar

Feb 7, 2022, 12:01:00 AM2/7/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, indiantreepix
Dear all,

Thank you for the wet preserved capsules of Murdannia fadeniana
I have dissected all the capsules which you have sent. Seeds are bi-seriate, 18 to 27 per capsule and matches with the protologue (except the seed number 30 to 45 per capsule) of Murdannia fadeniana.

Sincerely,
Mayur

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 3:54 PM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Mayur ji,
Could you check it?

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 at 21:43, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Mayur ji.
Hope you are doing well and not having fever etc. now.
I also just recovered and joined office this week.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Thu, 27 Jan, 2022, 9:36 pm mayur nandikar, <mnan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for your mail and reminder Garg ji.
I have been out of the office due to COVID-19, I am in isolation. As the parcel reaches the office, it will probably dissect by the next month only.
Slowly recovering now, weakness is still there.

I heard from Sam ji today that he also got infected with COVID-19. I wish for his speedy recovery. For some people it is really painful.

sincerely,
Mayur

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 7, 2022, 12:10:23 AM2/7/22
to mayur nandikar, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot, Mayur ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 7, 2022, 1:35:33 AM2/7/22
to J.M. Garg, mayur nandikar, Saroj Kasaju, indiantreepix
Thank you very much dear Mayur ji for sharing the information, with kind regards, Sam.