249 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 12, 2022, 2:04:10 AM1/12/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 25.10.2021, 04.05pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, hilly rock

Plant habit: small shrub, erect, branches, semi hard stem 04mm base diameter, hairy, annual

Height: 03.5 feet

Leaves: alternate, pinnate, leaflets opposite, ovate, oblong, apex, size:17×8mm

Flower: axillary racemose, diameter:09mm, yellow, non fragrant

Fruit: conical cup green into brown, size:5×4mm

Seed: brown 04 nos., circular compressed, diameter:01mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

249 Identify wild plant
20211025_160718.jpg
20211025_160759.jpg
20211025_160936.jpg
20211025_160846.jpg
20211025_160646.jpg
20211025_160905.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 12, 2022, 2:06:51 AM1/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211025_161616.jpg
20211025_161603.jpg
20211025_161218.jpg
20211025_161116.jpg
20211025_161051.jpg
20211025_161434.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 12, 2022, 2:08:02 AM1/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211025_161410.jpg
20211025_161505.jpg
20211025_161538.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 12, 2022, 2:13:40 AM1/12/22
to efloraofindia
Leaves corrected to
Leaves: alternate, pinnate, leaflets opposite, ovate, oblong, size:17×8mm

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 12, 2022, 3:51:30 AM1/12/22
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg

Smithia conferta J.E.Smith. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 12, 2022, 7:05:28 AM1/12/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Thank you very much for ID my plant.
Very close dear Saroj ji, but inflorescence something different, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2022, 8:24:46 AM1/15/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
I think it is Smithia blanda Wall. as per images and details herein and as per POWO images and specimens (one and two), Flora of Peninsular India, FoC illustration

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 15, 2022, 8:26:32 AM1/15/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 15, 2022, 8:49:38 AM1/15/22
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Saroj ji, Garg ji,
Yes, it is very close to Smithia blanda, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 15, 2022, 12:41:27 PM1/15/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I don't see a red patch on the petals in your sp.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 15, 2022, 1:11:51 PM1/15/22
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
You are right, dear Saroj ji.
The red patches that mentioned by you is at neck which is not visible in my flower because, I think it is in the closing stage (time is 4.00pm).  With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 15, 2022, 1:51:32 PM1/15/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju