100 ID wild plant Begonia

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 5, 2021, 11:00:47 PM7/5/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
This is my 100th ID request.
Please I'D wild plant, very rare only three plants here.  With kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Flower date: 03.07.2022, 03.10pm

Altitude: 1400fsl

Habitat: wild, moisture, filtered sunlight

Plant habit: erect, branches, slightly obliqued, weak purpled juicy stem, hairy, perennial

Height: 15cm

Leaves: alternate, ovate, apex, size:8×4cm or less, toothed margins, hairy, tamarind taste, whirlpool based

Flower: 2 small inner and 2 big outer petals, diameter:7mm, white, non fragrant

Fruit: grooved, white into brown, size:5×3mm

Seed: brown, numerous, nice

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

20210703_151037.jpg
100 Identify wild plant
20210703_151120.jpg
20210703_151137.jpg
20210703_151146.jpg
20210703_151218.jpg
20210703_151335.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 6, 2021, 12:16:27 AM7/6/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Begonia. I suggest you should use DSLR instead of Cellphone. Images are not sharp.
Also please post habitat and and branch with inflorescens  images.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 6, 2021, 7:10:58 AM7/6/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210703_151420.jpg
20210703_151451.jpg
20210703_151505.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 6, 2021, 7:20:44 AM7/6/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Saroj ji,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
No branches, it is a mistake, regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 6, 2021, 9:54:52 AM7/6/21
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Begonia anaimalaiensis Bedd. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 6, 2021, 10:39:14 PM7/6/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Thank you very much for ID my plant.  It is very similar to B. malabarica (Malabar is an old nearby state before our Independence, not now) but not hairy and flower bunches are lengthy. My plant fully hairy and I don't see matching images while googling. I also think it is B. anamaliances. With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 7, 2021, 2:52:27 AM7/7/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Please verify.
Thank you Sam !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 13, 2021, 7:09:24 AM7/13/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Begonia anaimalaiensis Bedd. ??
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

Thank you very much for ID my plant. It is very similar to B. malabarica (Malabar is an old nearby state before our Independence, not now) but not hairy and flower bunches are lengthy. My plant fully hairy and I don't see matching images while googling. I also think it is  Begonia anaimalaiensis.
With kind regards,
Sam.

20210703_151037.jpg
100 Identify wild plant
20210703_151120.jpg
20210703_151137.jpg
20210703_151146.jpg
20210703_151218.jpg
20210703_151335.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 13, 2021, 7:09:52 AM7/13/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Santhosh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jul 13, 2021, 8:19:21 AM7/13/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Mark ji

Jul 13, 2021, 8:56:30 AM7/13/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
I am forwarding this request again for ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jul 13, 2021, 9:45:40 AM7/13/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Hi, Sam ji,
Already replied to by Santhosh ji and Mark ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 13, 2021, 9:53:19 AM7/13/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, MHu...@rbge.org.uk
Dear Gary ji, Saroj ji, Santhosh ji, Mark ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, kind regards, Sam.