88 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 28, 2021, 2:07:24 PM5/28/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Flower date: 29.04.2021, 10.05am

Altitude: 1400fsl

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: separate male and female plants having all characteristics similar except flowers, climbing, slender stem, long lasting

Height: 05 meters

Leaves: alternate pinnate, leaflets opposite, oval, oblong, apex

Flower: globular racemose, diameter:03mm, green, non fragrant

Fruit: green into brown, diameter:13mm, not edible

Seed: brown, oval, size:3×1mm

Camera: mobile LG K10 2017 13mp +macro lens

88 Identify wild plant
20210429_101425.jpg
20210429_101024.jpg
20210528_141913.jpg
20210429_100539.jpg
20210429_095013.jpg
20210521_122752.jpg
20210521_122625.jpg
20210429_100659.jpg
20210429_103600.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 28, 2021, 2:13:37 PM5/28/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210428_124623.jpg
20210428_140814.jpg
20210428_140717.jpg
20210428_140912.jpg
20210428_140933.jpg
20210428_140905.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 28, 2021, 2:21:12 PM5/28/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20210428_124225.jpg
20210427_161451(1).jpg
20210427_160955.jpg
20210428_124520.jpg
20210428_124551(1).jpg
20210427_161404(1).jpg
20210427_153243.jpg
20210427_153459.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 28, 2021, 2:30:02 PM5/28/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.  Please note image no.20210429_103600.jpg in second mail is of another plant.  Kind regards, Sam.
20210428_130602.jpg
20210428_125739.jpg
20210428_130659.jpg
20210428_130130.jpg
20210428_125951.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 28, 2021, 2:48:06 PM5/28/21
to efloraofindia
I see several plants of this kind, but male flowers only in one plant and female flowers in two plants only, regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 31, 2021, 12:45:06 PM5/31/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Some corrections regarding leaves:
Leaves: alternate, oval, oblong, apex
Sharing female plant's habit image.
20210531_134406.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 7, 2021, 7:55:21 AM6/7/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

With regards,
J.M.Garg
88 Identify wild plant
20210429_101425.jpg
20210429_101024.jpg
20210528_141913.jpg
20210429_100539.jpg
20210429_095013.jpg
20210521_122752.jpg
20210521_122625.jpg
20210429_100659.jpg
20210429_103600.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 7, 2021, 7:56:00 AM6/7/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 7, 2021, 8:51:42 AM6/7/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Forwarding again for ID, kind regards, Sam.
20210428_124623.jpg
20210428_140814.jpg
20210428_140717.jpg
20210428_140912.jpg
20210428_140933.jpg
20210428_140905.jpg

Dr E S Santhosh Kumar

Jun 7, 2021, 2:13:04 PM6/7/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
This is a Critically endangered climber called Miquelia dentata, Icacinaceae, one of the best plants used against cancer.

SANTHOSH
Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR MSc, PhD, FIAT, FABSc, FLS
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute (JNTBG&RI),
Palode, Karimancode P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
Alternate Email id: jntbgri...@gmail.com

 Every day’s life is a Gift.  Let us use it productively

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 7, 2021, 3:24:56 PM6/7/21
to Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Great Santhosh ji, great.  The male flower (I am thinking as it is male) image is very correct in googling, but the female flower images and fruit images.... With kind regards, Sam.

Screenshot_20210608-004503_Google.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 11, 2021, 1:21:21 PM6/11/21
to Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sharing a fruit image globular (not single, totally) diameter:08mm captured using macro lens, kind regards, Sam.
20210611_133301.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 11, 2021, 2:29:48 PM6/11/21
to Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear Santhosh Sir,
Ok, thank you for the information sharing.
Today I have been there, I didn't see any fruits in the said plant and it is in this way, my concern about how it's propagation....?  So it is remain as endangered!!  With kind regards, Sam.

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021, 11:35 pm Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, <santhos...@gmail.com> wrote:
SamJi
This is the female infructescence of Miquelia dentata. Only very few people closely seen it, hence few photos available in google search

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 20, 2021, 1:24:51 PM6/20/21
to Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear Santhosh ji,
Yes, it is female.
I am happy to share fruits image, with kind regards, Sam.
20210619_124746(1).jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 19, 2021, 8:40:51 AM7/19/21
to Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Santhosh Sir,
Many fruits (size:2×1cm) of M. Dentata, just misunderstood by me. Sharing more images, there is no sunlight, the brightness is automatically adjusted by camera, with kind regards, Sam.

On Mon, 21 Jun 2021, 7:52 am Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, <santhos...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you
20210719_135014.jpg
20210719_140959.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 4, 2021, 11:03:47 AM11/4/21
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar
Dear Garg ji and Santhosh ji,
Fruits of my M. dentata ripen.  I am happy to share images and more information, with kind regards, Sam.

Fruit: green into orange/red, ovate, size:02×.9cm, edible fleshy but bitter taste

Seed: brown, single, ovate compressed irregular, size:11×6×2.5mm
20211104_134739.jpg
20211104_131357.jpg
20211104_131124.jpg