131 ID wild plant Mimosa sp.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 30, 2021, 12:50:03 PM8/30/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 11.08.2021, 12.50pm

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: climbing, branches, hard stem brown thorned cylindrical and greenish brown thorned rigid medium stem, bark used for catching fish from stream, long lasting

Height: 12 meters

Leaves: alternate, pinnate, opposite ovate oblong leaflets that closes late evening and opens early morning, pinnate size:8×1cm or less

Flower: racemose, globular, diameter:11mm, yellow, good fragrance

Fruit: beans green into brown, size:8×1.5×0.2cm or less

Seed: brown up to 4 nos., pea shaped size:9×4×1.5mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

131 Identify wild plant
20210811_125254.jpg
20210811_125030.jpg
20210811_125530.jpg
20210811_125337.jpg
20210811_125413.jpg
20210811_125142.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 30, 2021, 12:54:19 PM8/30/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210811_130056.jpg
20210811_130014.jpg
20210811_125944.jpg
20210811_125551.jpg
20210830_164733.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 30, 2021, 12:55:58 PM8/30/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210811_130248.jpg
20210811_130410.jpg
20210811_130551.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 1, 2021, 11:40:52 PM9/1/21
to efloraofindia
Senegalia pennata,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
09/02/21, 09:10:10 AM

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 2, 2021, 12:51:18 AM9/2/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Yes, it is dear Paradesi ji, thank you very much for ID my plant.  Here one more variation, big hard base stem remains rigid thorns silver white in colour (blooming soon, but very high so I am not sure capturing) we used it's bark for hair shampoo. Note that using bark of S. pennata as shampoo get reverse reaction, it's sap from bark when crushing in water is poisonous and used as folklore here to catching fish from small streams.  With kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 18, 2021, 1:44:39 AM12/18/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg
Sharing more images of old and medium stems and information

Plant habit: climbing, branches, big hard brown thorned cylindrical old as well as medium stem and greenish brown thorned rigid young stem, long lasting

20211216_175401.jpg
20211216_174832.jpg