Please identify this plant.

Animesh Manna

Jun 18, 2021, 5:07:51 AM6/18/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello members,

First of all thank you everyone for giving me a chance to be a part of efloraofindia group.

I got this plant in
Place- Forsyth Lodge, Satpura, Hoshangabad, M.P.

Date: 26.08.2019
Date: 10.08.2020

Observation: I have seen this plant at our lodge in August twice at same place. Flower stays only for couple of days. Did not manage to get the smell of the flower.

Thanks and regards,
Animesh Manna
Naturalist, Forsyth Lodge, Satpura
IMG-20200810-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200810-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200810-WA0002.jpg
IMG_20190826_152318.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 18, 2021, 5:14:26 AM6/18/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Check with Theriophonum sp.,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 06/18/21, 02:42:16 PM

J.M. Garg

Jun 24, 2021, 4:03:11 AM6/24/21
to efloraofindia, animesh...@gmail.com, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Check with Theriophonum sp.- from Paradesi ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG-20200810-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200810-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200810-WA0002.jpg
IMG_20190826_152318.jpg

Pascal Bruggeman

Jun 24, 2021, 4:11:22 AM6/24/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, animesh...@gmail.com, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Theriophonum minutum

Pascal

Animesh Manna

Jun 24, 2021, 4:19:27 AM6/24/21
to Pascal Bruggeman, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thank you for the identification. It looks very close to it. If this year I will get some good image of different parts of the plant then I will share with you.

J.M. Garg

Jun 24, 2021, 5:39:54 AM6/24/21
to Pascal Bruggeman, efloraofindia, animesh...@gmail.com, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks a lot, Pascal ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 24, 2021, 1:15:35 PM6/24/21
to efloraofindia, animesh...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot, Manudev ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jun 25, 2021, 2:07:08 AM6/25/21
to Animesh Manna, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Be aware Theriophonum minutum can be very variable in leaf, from trilobed to extremely hastate like the plant you show. In the revision of Theriophonum by Sivadasan and Nicholson it has been reported from Hoshangabad near Kesla, Banglapore. It would help for further identification if a spathe is cut open to reveal the innerparts.

Pascal

J.M. Garg

Jun 25, 2021, 2:11:36 AM6/25/21
to Pascal Bruggeman, Animesh Manna, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks a lot, Pascal ji

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg