ID Request - North Bengal Wildflower - 2

Sushmita Jha

May 1, 2009, 10:58:49 AM5/1/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all,
here is a set of photos of another wildflower - this one is very tiny - for which I would appreciate ID help.
Thank you.
Sushmita Jha
Wildflowre ID, Lava, north bengal, Oct08- 759e.jpg
Wildflower ID, Lava, north bengal, Oct08- 758d.jpg

Rajesh Sachdev

May 1, 2009, 11:12:56 AM5/1/09
to indiantreepix
Sushmita ji,
these flowers are of Cyanotis family. Someone from that part of
country, can throw more light on the species.

Rajesh Sachdev

May 1, 2009, 11:30:50 AM5/1/09
to indiantreepix
May 1, 2009, 12:59:55 PM5/1/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Link for Cyanotis somaliensis: http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Pussy%20Ears.html ( I feel desc. doesn't matches with the posted pix).
Concise Flowers of Himalayas by Polunin & Stainton, only mentions one species i.e. Cyanotis vaga. Links for it: http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200027378 (desc. from FOC with syn. Tradescantia vaga, Cyanotis barbata, C. bulbosa, C. nobilis ) whose desc. seems to match.

2009/5/1 Rajesh Sachdev <leopa...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sushmita Jha

May 1, 2009, 11:32:09 PM5/1/09
to J.M. Garg, Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Thank you all for helping in my journey of discovery!

JM Garg

Aug 15, 2013, 3:46:43 AM8/15/13
to efloraofindia, mnan...@gmail.com, annaanc...@gmail.com, manudev madhavan, Sushmita Jha, Rajesh Sachdev

Some earlier relevant feedback:

these flowers are of Cyanotis family. Someone from that part of country, can throw more light on the species.- from Rajesh Sachdev ji.

Concise Flowers of Himalayas by Polunin & Stainton, only mentions one species i.e. Cyanotis vaga. Links for it: http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200027378 (desc. from FOC with syn. Tradescantia vaga, Cyanotis barbata, C. bulbosa, C. nobilis ) whose desc. seems to match.- from me.
Wildflowre ID, Lava, north bengal, Oct08- 759e.jpg
Wildflower ID, Lava, north bengal, Oct08- 758d.jpg

manudev madhavan

Aug 15, 2013, 5:02:45 AM8/15/13
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, mayur nandikar, anna ancy, Sushmita Jha, Rajesh Sachdev
This is a species of Cyanotis (Commelinaceae)
Need some pictures, showing the habit, to confirm the identity.

regards

--
Manudev K Madhavan
Senior Research Fellow

Sushmita Jha

Aug 15, 2013, 9:12:41 AM8/15/13
to manudev madhavan, JM Garg, efloraofindia, mayur nandikar, anna ancy, Rajesh Sachdev
Thank you very much Madhavan ji.
O, it was four years ago, I have to find that folder to look through and find any habitat pictures I may have taken.
Sushmita Jha

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 10:53:52 AM1/7/21
to efloraofindia
Cyanotis somaliensis ha got distribution in Somalia only not in India!
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 2, 2021, 9:00:28 AM8/2/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 2, 2021, 9:01:18 AM8/2/21
to indiantreepix, Sushmita Jha
Wildflowre ID, Lava, north bengal, Oct08- 759e.jpg
Wildflower ID, Lava, north bengal, Oct08- 758d.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 2, 2021, 9:05:03 AM8/2/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sushmita Jha
Cyanotis fasciculata,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 08/02/21, 06:34:06 PM

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 2, 2021, 9:46:11 AM8/2/21
to efloraindia, Sushmita Jha
Agree with Paradesi Ji !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 12, 2021, 2:38:28 AM8/12/21
to efloraofindia, Sushmita Jha, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Cyanotis fasciculata- from Paradesi ji

Agree with Paradesi Ji !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Wildflowre ID, Lava, north bengal, Oct08- 759e.jpg
Wildflower ID, Lava, north bengal, Oct08- 758d.jpg

mayur nandikar

Aug 12, 2021, 2:42:12 AM8/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sushmita Jha, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
This could be Cyantois vaga.
Cyanotis fasciculata has more succulent, cobwebby leaves, and bi-colored monliform filament hairs.

Thanks,
Mayur