A new species named after Sh. Saroj Kumar Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2020, 4:53:26 AM5/21/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear members,
It's a great honour for efloraofindia that a new species has been named after one of the most important member, Sh. Saroj Kumar Kasaju. Here is what he has to say
"“I have a dream”- the famous line by Martin Luther King, always inspired me to have dreams and that no dream is too big or too small.
And so a dream, a commoner like me dreamt of, has finally come true, by taking a small step towards the vast Flora world society. It is indeed a matter of great pleasure for a lay person like me to discover a new species of plant “Thunbergia kasajuana Bh.Adhikari & J.R.I.Wood '' within the valley of Nagarkot. This contribution towards the Flora world has been made possible by Dr. Bhaskar Adhikari. I would like to express my gratitude towards him for believing in me, for taking it to the summit and establishing my identity within the flora science world. It has all been made possible through your persistent follow up and encouragement. I would like to thank my lovely wife Meera for her constant selfless support, my two children Swastika and Sameer who always motivated me to follow my aspirations, and friends and relatives who encouraged me in different ways to pursue my hobby. This discovery is dedicated to my dear Father Bhairab Ram Kasaju and mother Julum Kasaju, my birthplace Chautara, Sindupalchok and the Kasaju community.

(ETYMOLOGY. The specic epithet kasajuana honours Mr Saroj Kumar Kasaju, who rst discovered and photographed the species. Mr Kasaju is a citizen scientist contributing to our understanding of the flora of Nepal by taking photos of plant species from Nepal and India. He was actively involved in the identication of this species).
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2020, 5:20:32 AM5/21/20
to efloraofindia

May 21, 2020, 5:20:42 AM5/21/20
to efloraofindia

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 at 14:23
Subject: A new species named after Sh. Saroj Kumar Kasaju
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>

Bala Subramaniam

May 21, 2020, 5:25:44 AM5/21/20
to indiantreepix
Congratulations to Saroj ji. You deserve it.
Warm regards
B. Subramaniam

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFDW_fXoAuxMiAokPWNvBw8ozAsh5_OmZGPHdDmf0pp1iw%40mail.gmail.com.

Saroj Kasaju

May 21, 2020, 5:27:38 AM5/21/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Bala sir.
Saroj Kasaju

--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2020, 6:40:57 AM5/21/20
to efloraofindia

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 at 14:23
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>

harithasandhya

May 21, 2020, 7:59:16 AM5/21/20
to efloraofindia

    Great to hear this news.
    Congratulations Saroj ji.
    Wishing you all the very best for the continuation of your passionate work.

     Warm regards,
    Sandhya

Saroj Kasaju

May 21, 2020, 8:31:46 AM5/21/20
to efloraindia

Thank you Sandhya Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2020, 8:46:17 AM5/21/20
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Hearty congratulations for this wonderful dream come true.
We all wish you many more new findings !!
Regards.
Dinesh

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 4:21 PM Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you Rawat sir for kind words!

Saroj Kasaju

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 4:23 PM D.S Rawat <drdsrawat...@gmail.com> wrote:
Power of citizen scientists is displayed once again. Mr Kasaju ji has learned a lot in a very short period of time and can identify numerous species. Great learning Sir.
Congratulations for inseparably associating with a plant species.
You discovered a novelty and I believe more will come in near future.
Regards.

May 21, 2020, 8:46:25 AM5/21/20
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

May 21, 2020, 9:10:42 AM5/21/20
to indiantreepix
Congratulations Saroj Ji again in this thread too...
You deserve it and it is really honouring your dedication and concentrated efforts towards building a strong affection with plants..

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFDTF7isB9GQnLJq1CXdXqakd97FPYY3%2BeVJnaq9eBUVNw%40mail.gmail.com.

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Saroj Kasaju

May 21, 2020, 10:03:55 AM5/21/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Nidhan Sir for your beautiful words.
Saroj Kasaju

Anil Bhuktar

May 21, 2020, 10:12:47 AM5/21/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hearty Con
Dr. Anil S. Bhuktar
Professor & Head,
Department of Botany,
Vivekanand Arts Sardar Dalipsingh Commerce & Science College,
Samarth Nagar, Aurangabad,
Maharashtra, India.
Mob: 9423150037

Saroj Kasaju