For Id Climber- 021109Jm1

J.M. Garg

Nov 1, 2009, 9:57:07 PM11/1/09
to indiantreepix

On 11/10/09 in Ananthagiri HIll forest in Rangareddy district of Andhra Pradesh.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

For Id Climber I IMG_2673.jpg
For Id Climber I IMG_2674.jpg
For Id Climber I IMG_2675.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 4, 2009, 9:34:36 AM11/4/09
to indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

For Id Climber I IMG_2673.jpg
For Id Climber I IMG_2674.jpg
For Id Climber I IMG_2675.jpg

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 4, 2009, 12:43:03 PM11/4/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
This is Uraria rufescens as per Dr Jabbar

Santhosh

2009/11/4 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

J.M. Garg

Nov 5, 2009, 12:51:08 PM11/5/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
Thanks, Santhosh ji & Jabbar ji.
I could hardly find any details on net except this one:

A few links with meagre details of Uraria rufescens (DC.)Schindl.:
2009/11/4 Dr Santhosh Kumar <drsanth...@gmail.com>
2009/11/4 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

JM Garg

Sep 27, 2019, 7:44:25 AM9/27/19
to efloraofindia
For Id Climber I IMG_2673.jpg
For Id Climber I IMG_2674.jpg
For Id Climber I IMG_2675.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 27, 2019, 7:47:39 AM9/27/19
to efloraofindia

Looks different from images at Uraria rufescens (DC.) Schindl.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

For Id Climber I IMG_2673.jpg
For Id Climber I IMG_2674.jpg
For Id Climber I IMG_2675.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 27, 2019, 9:03:12 AM9/27/19
to efloraindia
Dear Mr. Garg,
Why is Wickipedia and Wickimedia showing same images?
Wickimedia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

dr.rakesh Singh

Sep 27, 2019, 9:13:43 AM9/27/19
to efloraofindia
Reminds me of Desmodium dichotomum , inflorescence just coming up . Was it viscid ?

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 27, 2019, 9:31:28 AM9/27/19
to efloraindia
You may be right Dr. Singh !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

dr.rakesh Singh

Sep 27, 2019, 9:45:55 AM9/27/19
to efloraofindia
Yet to flower in my area too .

ushadi

Sep 27, 2019, 11:36:18 AM9/27/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Saroj ji
wikipedia is mostly write ups, supported by media
(photos, line drawing, graphs, charts, statistical data in tabulated form) etc

files of which are mostly (or all) stored in Wikimedia

and then when an editor writes about something in the Wikipedia,
he or she or they (all editors) choose appropriate pictures
form  vast numbers of files. in the wikimedia

that's how I had found Garg ji many many years ago
 with his thousands of pictures  in wikimedia
many of which are used in the Wikipedia essays
and wikispecies  headings.

Now there are many more categories in wiki
and JM Garg photos are in Wikimedia commons

Garg ji
did I say it right?
Regards
Ushadi

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2019, 12:07:06 AM9/28/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
As it was wrongly identified earlier.

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2019, 12:08:06 AM9/28/19
to ushadi, efloraofindia
Yes, you are right, Ushadi.

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2019, 12:14:47 AM9/28/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh
Thanks, Rakesh ji,
I think you may be right as per Desmodium dichotomum