Charkop, Mumbai :: Climber for ID :: ARK2019-51

Alka Khare

Jul 11, 2019, 11:11:08 PM7/11/19
to efloraofindia
Hello friends

Requesting to please ID this climber. This was found on a wasteland near the Charkop mangroves in Mumbai in April 2019.

Thanks and Regards
Alka Khare
Indigofera1IMG_1631.JPG
Indigofera2IMG_1638.JPG
Indigofera3IMG_1639.JPG
Indigofera6IMG_1641.JPG
Indigofera7IMG_1642.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Jul 11, 2019, 11:55:16 PM7/11/19
to efloraofindia
Some Indigofera; I too wanting to know the ID.
I have mine from Vaghbil, Thane - similar habitat - saline soil, pending for ID, twice posted ...

Regards.
Dinesh

Bala Subramaniam

Jul 12, 2019, 12:18:00 AM7/12/19
to indiantreepix
It appears as Indigofera tinctoria

Dinesh Valke

Jul 12, 2019, 3:10:55 AM7/12/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks very much, Bala Subramaniam ji.
I hope we get more comments.
Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 12, 2019, 3:20:00 AM7/12/19
to efloraindia
I guess I. tinctoria  matches.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Jul 12, 2019, 3:31:29 AM7/12/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Saroj ji very much for your thoughts.
I too think it must be Indigofera tinctoria.
I will be very glad if we get some confident validations for the ID of the posted plant.

Pictures of Indigofera tinctoria in Google image results are confusing - especially when we compare flowers and leaves among the results.
Indigofera cassioides, whose flowers are relatively different, borne in larger clusters, seem to be labelled by some as I. tinctoria in the results.

Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 12, 2019, 3:41:29 AM7/12/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Dinesh ji! Some of the images in Google are misleading

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 18, 2019, 3:29:32 AM7/18/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, Saroj Kasaju, Alka, balasubra...@gmail.com
Yes, Dinesh ji,
I also agree with the id as per details & images at

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 18, 2019, 3:42:01 AM7/18/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, DineshValke, Alka, Bala Subramaniam

Thank you Mr. Garg for validating !

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Jul 18, 2019, 4:03:52 AM7/18/19
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka, Bala Subramaniam
Thank you very much Garg ji for validating the ID.
Regards.
Dinesh

Alka Khare

Saroj Kasaju