DV :: 31 JUL 12 - 1234 :: heavily armed shrub at Auli

Dinesh Valke

Aug 12, 2012, 4:52:53 AM8/12/12
to efloraofindia
... view from Auli
31 JUL 12
Auli ... 8750 - 9000 ft
Dear friends, ID please.
Habitat: vegetation on edge of sloping meadow
Habit: heavily armed shrub with dense foliage

P1000337

P1000336 P1000332 P1000333
Regards.
Dinesh

Umeshkumar Tiwari

Aug 12, 2012, 5:42:14 AM8/12/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dear All,
This is Berberis chitria Lindl. (Berberidaceae). Very common along forest fringes and inside forest at an altitude of 1600-3500m.

Umeshkumar Tiwari, Research Associate
Foundation for Revitalisation of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT)
Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine
No.74/2, Jarakbande Kaval
Post: Attur, Via Yelahanka
Bangalore - 560 064

Dinesh Valke

Aug 12, 2012, 6:41:58 AM8/12/12
to Umeshkumar Tiwari, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Umeshkumar ji for the ID.
Regards.
Dinesh

ushadi Micromini

Aug 12, 2012, 5:26:18 PM8/12/12
to Dinesh Valke, Umeshkumar Tiwari, efloraofindia
what a nce new way to preset pictures
Loved it, Dinesh.
Good to see you back
USha di

Usha di
===========

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 12, 2012, 8:49:11 PM8/12/12
to ushadi Micromini, Dinesh Valke, Umeshkumar Tiwari, efloraofindia
Nice photographs, Dinesh ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

--
Usha di
===========

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Aug 12, 2012, 9:20:32 PM8/12/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Nice pics. How did you do it by the way :)
Pankaj

Dinesh Valke

Aug 13, 2012, 11:14:24 AM8/13/12
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pankaj,

Create a page in your private Google site.
Visualize how you would want to place contents (text and graphics) - accordingly create a table to house them.

Once the contents are relevantly put, save the page.
Copy-paste the table into mail body.

Do the other required actions (To, Cc, Subject) and send.

Return to same page later (which will now serve as a template); replace the contents relevantly.
Save - copy - paste into mail, and send.

The photos inserted in the page must be at a permanent URL - removing them from those places will result in no display in the mail body.
A little of HTML / CSS knowledge will help you create the page without using the formatting tools.

Regards.
Dinesh

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Aug 13, 2012, 8:09:07 PM8/13/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dr Pankaj Kumar
Loved this presentation.

TFS Dinesh sir!

Regards,
Ritesh.

Satish Phadke

Aug 14, 2012, 10:26:28 AM8/14/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Great way of presentation.
Dr Satish Phadke

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Vijayasankar

Aug 14, 2012, 10:37:15 AM8/14/12
to Satish Phadke, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Nice pictures! and aesthetic presentation!!

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Dinesh Valke

Aug 14, 2012, 10:46:30 AM8/14/12
to Vijayasankar, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Satish ji, Vijayasankar ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Mar 6, 2020, 6:12:45 AM3/6/20
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
Is the id Ok as Berberis chitria ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 6, 2020, 6:20:17 AM3/6/20
to efloraindia, DineshValke
Berberis aristata DC. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Mar 6, 2020, 8:57:03 AM3/6/20
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Thank you Saroj ji.
I am not familiar with this genus.
Hope there will be some comment(s).
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Mar 6, 2020, 9:01:15 AM3/6/20
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
I just checked this picture at my photostream at flickr.
It is identified as Berberis chitria Buch.-Ham. ex Lindl. by Umeshkumar Tiwari ji in this post itself at eFI.
Thank you Saroj ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 6, 2020, 9:51:40 AM3/6/20
to efloraindia
Yes, may be. Please cross check with SK1051 30MAR-2018
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Mar 7, 2020, 5:58:55 AM3/7/20
to efloraofindia
Thanks Saroj ji.
I saw your post. Some pictures in the first set of attached pictures do resemble what I have in this post of mine.

I have two posts of Berberis aristata:
 2) ... ¿ Berberis species ? from Shimla
... and they do not look like what I have in this post of mine.
Either above posts need re-validation OR Berberis in this post needs re-validation (of not being Berberis chitria).
Hope someone helps. I am not good at this :(

Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 7, 2020, 11:32:56 AM3/7/20
to efloraindia
OK Dinesh ji. Hope we get some feedback from experts.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Mar 13, 2020, 2:12:50 AM3/13/20
to efloraofindia, DineshValke

Mar 13, 2020, 5:00:55 AM3/13/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, DineshValke

Hi,

It looks close to Berberis koehneana C.K.Schneid.

Regards

Bhas

Facebook Logo
Instagram Logo
Twitter Logo

Edinburgh 350 Logo

The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC007983) | Support Us

This notice applies to this email and to any other email subsequently sent by anyone at RBGE and appearing in the same chain of email correspondence. References below to "this email" should be read accordingly. This e-mail and its attachments (if any) are confidential, may be protected by copyright and may be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, notify us immediately by reply e-mail, delete it and do not use, disclose or copy it. Unless we expressly say otherwise in this e-mail, this e-mail does not create, form part of, or vary, any contractual or unilateral obligation. No liability is accepted for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Where this e-mail is unrelated to the business of RBGE, the opinions expressed within this e-mail are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of RBGE. RBGE emails are filtered and monitored.

J.M. Garg

Mar 13, 2020, 6:20:57 AM3/13/20
to Bhaskar Adhikari, efloraofindia, DineshValke
Thanks a lot, Bhaskar ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dinesh Valke

Mar 13, 2020, 10:55:51 AM3/13/20
to J.M. Garg, Bhaskar Adhikari, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Bhaskar ji for the possible ID.
Regards.
Dinesh