Asteraceae Week (Part II - Discoid heads) :: FOR ID ¿ Blumea ? sp. along NH17 near Goa :: 21 FEB 12 :: DV38

Dinesh Valke

Jun 5, 2013, 2:58:32 PM6/5/13
to efloraofindia
Asteraceae Week (Part II - Discoid heads)
aster, daisy, or sunflower family
¿ Blumea ? sp.
Place, Altitude: along NH17 near Loliem, Goa (about 85 ft asl)
Date, Time: 21 FEB 12 10:37am
Habitat: wild, often along roadsides
Habit: erect herb, about 50 - 60 cm high, flower-head about 3 - 4 mm across

Blumea sp.

Blumea sp.

Blumea sp.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jun 12, 2013, 4:33:16 AM6/12/13
to efloraofindia, Divakar Mesta, nvict...@rediffmail.com, saieesh Gandhi, Rajdeo Singh, satish pardeshi, Sweedle Cerejo, Nudrat Sayed, nitesh joshi, Neil Soares, Shubhada Nikharge, Ninad Raut, Harshad Manilal, Aarti S. Khale, formp...@gmail.com, Sachin Sata, Anil Rajbhar, Samir Mehta, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, Rajesh Sachdev

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2110 members & 1,56,000 messages on 31/5/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8500 species).

J.M. Garg

Jun 17, 2013, 5:57:04 AM6/17/13
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, Satish Phadke, Nidhan Singh, D.S Rawat, Rajdeo Singh, gunjan sud, Divakar Mesta, nvict...@rediffmail.com, saieesh Gandhi

Jul 25, 2019, 12:59:52 AM7/25/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
I think it (with yellow flowers) is close to Blumea lacera as per details and references herein and as per high resolution specimens at

Pl. also see Surajit's post at Hooghly : Blumea? yet another

Jul 25, 2019, 1:21:17 AM7/25/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
This one does look very similar to that in Surajit ji's post, and does look like B. lacera.
Thank you very much Garg ji for combing the Blumea posts.
I earnestly hope more of those who are familiar with Blumea spp. come forward and express their thoughts.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jul 25, 2019, 1:29:44 AM7/25/19
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks, Dinesh ji.
Blumea's are really really difficult. I never got the courage to look at them for a long long time.
But finally I took the plunge and have been working on these for last five days.
I am now getting the clarity on this genus.
Hope more experts come up and take revision of different genera in efi site.

Dinesh Valke

Jul 25, 2019, 3:21:12 AM7/25/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
There are too many variations in sizes of leaves as well as plant heights, they confuse me easily, never could get familiar with almost any of them.
Regular field visitors should be able to help us sort the IDs.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jul 25, 2019, 5:27:01 AM7/25/19
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, DineshValke
Thanks a lot, Lalithamba ji.

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 at 13:06, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes it looks like Blumea lacera
A.Lalithamba

Dinesh Valke

Jul 25, 2019, 6:38:32 AM7/25/19
to J.M. Garg, Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Lalithamba ji, for the possible ID.
Regards.
Dinesh