Hopp til første uleste melding

Dinesh Valke

ulest,
2. des. 2019, 22:40:2002.12.2019
til efloraofindia
Banasura Sagar Dam, Wayanad
Banasura Sagar Dam  Wayanad
Date: November 15, 2019 ... Altitude: about 980 m (3,200 ft) asl

Xenostegia tridentata  (L.) D.F.Austin & Staples
Prasarini (Sanskrit: प्रसारिणी)

Mutiyar kuntal (Tamil: முதியார் கூந்தல்)

Prasarani (Malayalam: പ്രസാരണി)

Thalaneeli (Malayalam: തലനീളി)

Ilikivi soppu (Kannada: ಇಲಿಕಿವಿ ಸೊಪ್ಪು)

Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

ulest,
3. des. 2019, 00:29:1203.12.2019
til indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful Post.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

ulest,
3. des. 2019, 00:46:0603.12.2019
til efloraofindia
Thank you very much, Saroj ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

ushadi

ulest,
3. des. 2019, 05:39:0203.12.2019
til efloraofindia

Dinesh Valke

ulest,
3. des. 2019, 05:51:5903.12.2019
til efloraofindia
Thanks Usha di.
Regards.
Dinesh

dr.rakesh Singh

ulest,
3. des. 2019, 11:36:0703.12.2019
til indian...@googlegroups.com
This species fascinates me for its leaf variation .
Dinesh sir , asking you a favor ... I wish to see a full leaf with its base and petiole from this specimen. I hope you have it in your raw images . Please show it for me .
Thank you !

Dinesh Valke

ulest,
3. des. 2019, 13:44:2603.12.2019
til efloraofindia
Rakesh ji,
The original pic is more than 8 MB.
Let me crop it at places where we see the leaves.
Will send the cropped pics tomorrow.
Regards.
Dinesh

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 12:03 AM Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure Rakesh ji.
Here attached is original size picture in which we can see base of few leaves.
I do not click raw, just old style JPEGs. It works easy for me.
Regards.
Dinesh

dr.rakesh Singh

ulest,
3. des. 2019, 20:15:5103.12.2019
til indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks , Dinesh sir .
Leaf in your hotos are much different than leaf I see in my area .
Variety and subspecies were described based on leaf and calyx .
Now this genus is revised , yet to see that paper .

Dinesh Valke

ulest,
4. des. 2019, 07:51:2804.12.2019
til efloraofindia
Dear Rakesh ji,
Here are two cropped versions of the original picture.
The cropped versions are not resized, so what you are seeing are part of original sized photograph.
I hope you are able to see the hastate leaves almost amplexicaule, in both pictures, and hope they help you in your analysis.
Regards.
Dinesh

P1010909-2.JPG
P1010909-1.JPG

dr.rakesh Singh

ulest,
4. des. 2019, 08:11:1604.12.2019
til efloraofindia
Sir , thanks a lot . These leaves are just like leaves from Africa belonging to subsp. angustifolia . Here in Surat I see leaves with single tip as well as tridentate tip , lamina long or short . Seeing the wire mesh I just thought I should bring one plant home and grow it in balcony !!!

Dinesh Valke

ulest,
4. des. 2019, 08:35:0304.12.2019
til efloraofindia
Thank you very much Rakesh ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

ushadi

ulest,
4. des. 2019, 09:36:0804.12.2019
til efloraofindia
and what is the larger leaf?
Regards
Ushadi

Dinesh Valke

ulest,
4. des. 2019, 09:45:1304.12.2019
til efloraofindia
Larger leaves are of some other vine. I could see no flower or fruit.
Regards.
Dinesh

ushadi

ulest,
4. des. 2019, 10:29:2504.12.2019
til efloraofindia
OK thanks
Dinesh
Regards
Ushadi

J.M. Garg

ulest,
18. des. 2019, 00:14:0418.12.2019
til efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, DineshValke
Thanks, Rakesh ji.
We had a nice discussions in this matter at Xenostegia tridentata subspecies
Latest taxonomic scrutiny, lists all subspecies under Xenostegia tridentata only.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

dr.rakesh Singh

ulest,
18. des. 2019, 07:53:0918.12.2019
til J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, DineshValke
Recently I had been to Baroda . Within City limits , I saw this plant thriving . Again I noticed , many variations of leaf shape , size and ''teeth'' on same branch .
I think it is environmental triggers that lead to formation of different types of leaf , as the branch keeps growing .  Keeping an all inclusive single entity is the right thing Authors did .
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye meldinger