Poaceae, Cyperaceae and Juncaceae Week :: Poaceae at Tungareshwar WLS :: 09 OCT 10 09:11 :: DV31

Dinesh Valke

Apr 5, 2013, 11:49:09 AM4/5/13
to efloraofindia
Poaceae, Cyperaceae and Juncaceae Week
grasses, sedges and rushes
Poaceae
Grass
Place, Altitude: Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary ... about 270 ft asl
Date, Time: 09 OCT 10 ... 09:11am
Habitat: along path in forest
Habit: small herb; about 1 ft high
Only these views, with no adequate information of other aspects may not help in ID.

... flowers of grass

... flowers of grass
Regards.
Dinesh

Bhagyashri

Apr 5, 2013, 12:22:52 PM4/5/13
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji,
Superb capture
Regards
Bhagyashri

Regards
Bhagyashri

manoj chandran

Apr 6, 2013, 12:24:51 PM4/6/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Cyrtococcum accrescence. The spikelets should be plano-convex.

Dinesh Valke

Apr 6, 2013, 12:47:36 PM4/6/13
to manoj chandran, efloraofindia
Thank you very very much Manoj ji for the ID.

Bhagyashri ji and dear all, many thanks for all your appreciations.

Regards.
Dinesh

manoj chandran

Apr 11, 2013, 2:16:41 PM4/11/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com, manoj chandran
If it is semi-aquatic habitat, it could also be Isachne sp. Cyrtococcum is usually found in dense shade in forest areas, whereas Isachne is a plant of semi-aquatic habitats.

Dinesh Valke

Apr 11, 2013, 2:36:43 PM4/11/13
to manoj chandran, efloraofindia
Many thanks Manoj ji for the clarification.
This sighting is along a forest path; the soil however is almost perennially moist, species like Ludwigia and other mat forming low herbs grow around this place, indicating presence of water underground.

I would go with the tentative ID of Isachne sp.

Many thanks once again.

Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 19, 2021, 4:08:33 AM2/19/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 19, 2021, 4:09:37 AM2/19/21
to indiantreepix, Dinesh Valke

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 19, 2021, 5:04:59 AM2/19/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke
Isachne globosa Kuntze ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Feb 19, 2021, 9:31:05 AM2/19/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg
I am convinced with your ID, Saroj ji. Many many thanks.
I hope we have someone seconds your thought.
I have revised my notes at flickr accordingly.
Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 19, 2021, 10:52:07 AM2/19/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg
Definitely Dinesh ji. We shall wait!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 23, 2021, 6:41:51 AM2/23/21
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

"Isachne globosa Kuntze ??
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju"

Feb 24, 2021, 1:12:04 AM2/24/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, DineshValke
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji.

Feb 24, 2021, 7:25:08 AM2/24/21
to J.M. Garg, Manoj Chandran, efloraofindia, DineshValke

Thank you Manoj Ji for validation !

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Feb 25, 2021, 8:56:02 AM2/25/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, Manoj Chandran, efloraofindia
Many thanks Garg ji for resurfacing this post.
Thank you very much Manoj ji for the ID.
Regards.
Dinesh