small herb FOR ID :: Puducherry :: 16 OCT 19

Dinesh Valke

Dec 3, 2019, 8:25:03 AM12/3/19
to efloraofindia
Pondicherry
Puducherry  near sea coast
Date: October 16, 2019 ... Altitude range: about 0 - 3 m (0 - 10 feet) asl

small herb
Dear friends,
A small herb growing amidst some plants in herbal garden. The tiny flower is just about 7 - 8 mm across. I have no idea of genus or family, but let me put a wild guess - a member of Polygalaceae. I hope the two photos help in recognizing the plant.
P1000817

P1000814

Regards.
Dinesh

Nayan Singh

Dec 3, 2019, 8:28:51 AM12/3/19
to efloraofindia
Dinesh ji your plant is Hybanthus enneaspermus

Thanks and Regard

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Retd. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal India.
Mo - 7999761851

Dinesh Valke

Dec 3, 2019, 8:34:28 AM12/3/19
to efloraofindia
Thank you very very much Nayan ji for this ID.
Regards.
Dinesh

ushadi

Dec 3, 2019, 9:15:28 AM12/3/19
to efloraofindia
yes
a herbal remedy

Regards
Ushadi

Dinesh Valke

Dec 3, 2019, 9:42:54 AM12/3/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Usha di.
Regards.
Dinesh

Mahadeswara

Dec 3, 2019, 11:26:29 PM12/3/19
to efloraofindia
Charaata, purusharatna in Kannada. Very useful in ayurveda & Siddha medicines.  Plenty around my house during  rainy season.  Right now the area is cleared. Hence no photos possible .
Common in open fields  in Southern India

On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 6:58:51 PM UTC+5:30, Nayan Singh wrote:
Dinesh ji your plant is Hybanthus enneaspermus

Thanks and Regard

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Retd. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal India.
Mo - 7999761851

Pondicherry
Puducherry  near sea coast