Dicliptera foetida :: Kanakeshwar, near Alibag :: 25 DEC 19

Dinesh Valke

Jan 15, 2020, 10:58:30 AM1/15/20
to efloraofindia
... trail to Kanakeshwar temple
Kanakeshwar forest  near Alibag
Date: December 25, 2019 ... Altitude range: about 200 ft (60 m) to 1200 ft (365 m) asl
Dicliptera foetida  (Forssk.) Blatt.

Dicliptera foetida (Forssk.) Blatt.

Regards.
Dinesh

dr.rakesh Singh

Jan 15, 2020, 12:43:15 PM1/15/20
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Dinesh sir , I cant thank you enough . This is a very timely help , these beautiful images !!!
Dicliptera species with axillary inflorescences are giving grief ....since this one has relatively bigger flower and inflorescence is not very compact , bracts are bigger too , this species is now easier to recognise and is ruled out as a possible id for my specimens which may be a single taxon or two , I do not know .

Dinesh Valke

Jan 15, 2020, 1:19:43 PM1/15/20
to dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia
My pleasure Rakesh ji.
I think this one is common among the wild species in Western Ghats.
Please do post your Dicliptera spp.
Regards.
Dinesh