for ID 06062022EPT79

Pandian Tensingh

Jun 5, 2022, 11:27:23 PM6/5/22
to efloraindia

Dear Sir,

Presenting for ID

Taken on 20/05/2022 at 8 AM

Location: Kodaikanal hills

Elevation: 400 mts

Habitat:Wild

Habit:Shrub

Thanking you

E.P.Tensingh

P5200163.JPG
P5200166.JPG
P5200167.JPG
P5200168.JPG

Pandian Tensingh

Jun 5, 2022, 11:31:24 PM6/5/22
to efloraindia
Is it Indigofera tinctoria,Sir.

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 6, 2022, 1:13:48 AM6/6/22
to efloraindia, Pandian Tensingh, J.M. Garg
Looks different to me. Number of leaflets ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Mahadeswara

Jun 7, 2022, 12:06:36 AM6/7/22
to eFloraofIndia
Also check for  Indigofera karnatakana.  Not sure.   Only a suggestion.

Pandian Tensingh

Jun 8, 2022, 1:56:31 PM6/8/22
to efloraindia
number of leaflets Seven, Sir.
Thank you.

J.M. Garg

Jun 23, 2022, 12:06:33 PM6/23/22
to efloraofindia, Pandian Tensingh, M Swamy, Saroj Kasaju
Any habit image?
It looks different from images at Indigofera tinctoria L. or Indigofera karnatakana Sanjappa
It appears close to images at Indigofera angulosa Edgew. ?, as posted earlier by Santhan ji. Appears close except for the pods, which look different as per POWO specimen and GBIF specimen
I tried keys in FoPI, but did not succeed in reaching the id.

P5200163.JPG
P5200166.JPG
P5200167.JPG
P5200168.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 23, 2022, 12:54:32 PM6/23/22
to efloraofindia, Pandian Tensingh, M Swamy, Saroj Kasaju
Closest I can go is Indigofera tirta subsp. scabra (Roth.) De Kort & G. Thijsse
It has 5 to 7 leaflets as per description in CABI and IBP. Also see POWO specimen.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg