West Himalayan Fir (Abies pindrow)

J.M. Garg

Jul 27, 2007, 5:24:25 AM7/27/07
to indiantreepix
Taken at Guna Pani (8500 ft.) on 7/5/07 in Himachal during Sar Pass Trek. One can see the Male & Female (cones) flowers of the tree in the picture.
For more information, please click on the following link:

This Tit (Black-throated Tit- Aegithalos concinnus) is very sociable, restless & fussy, invariably found in flocks with other birds like leaf warblers, tree creepers, other Tits, White eyes etc. Mainly eats insects, but also tiny seeds & fruits.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For learning about our trees & plants, please visit http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
Black-throated Tit on West himalayan Fir I IMG_6786.jpg

JM Garg

May 22, 2020, 5:44:56 AM5/22/20
to efloraofindia
Black-throated Tit on West himalayan Fir I IMG_6786.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2020, 12:04:29 PM5/22/20
to efloraofindia
I think tree should be Cedrus deodara as per images and details herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

mcleodwild

May 22, 2020, 9:15:25 PM5/22/20
to efloraofindia
Dear Mr Garg,
It is very likely Picea Smithiana, Himalayan Spruce.

Cedar needles are in a bunch and the cones upright.

Thanks.
Ashwini

Ashwini Bhatia

May 22, 2020, 9:17:30 PM5/22/20
to efloraofindia
I meant, Picea smithiana.

Thanks.
Ashwini

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2020, 9:20:31 PM5/22/20
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
No, Ashwini ji,
I have checked up. Pl. see the details of both in efi site.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2020, 10:34:03 PM5/22/20
to Ashwini Bhatia, efloraofindia
Ok, I will have relook again.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Sat 23 May, 2020, 7:02 AM Ashwini Bhatia, <mcleo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Mr. Garg. It's definitely not Cedrus deodara. The needles are individually arranged in a spiral and cones are drooping, both diagnostic of spruce. Please check.

The link you sent also validates spruce as the most likely candidate.

Regards,
Ashwini

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2020, 10:46:45 PM5/22/20