Fruit for Id -ID31032021SH1

Shobha Chavda

Mar 31, 2021, 5:49:14 AM3/31/21
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Pl. help in identifying these fruits.
Location -Sawantwadi ( South Konkan),Maharashtra
Date -March 2021
Thanks
Shobha Chavda
IMG_9245.JPG
IMG_9244.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 3, 2021, 11:50:03 PM4/3/21
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG_9245.JPG
IMG_9244.JPG

radha veach

Apr 4, 2021, 12:03:16 AM4/4/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, shobha chavda
Could be Holigarna species

regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

Apr 4, 2021, 2:16:41 AM4/4/21
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, radha veach, shobha chavda, efloraofindia
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 at 11:02, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
not Meliaceae; it looks like of Anacardiaceae/Buchnania species???
--
A.Lalithamba

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 4, 2021, 2:17:01 AM4/4/21
to radha veach, efloraofindia, shobha chavda, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks, Radha ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 4, 2021, 10:37:55 AM4/4/21
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, radha veach, shobha chavda
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Sun, 4 Apr, 2021, 7:24 pm Lalithamba Avadhanam, <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
Holigarna arnottiana??
--
A.Lalithamba

Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Apr 4, 2021, 8:10:44 PM4/4/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, shobha chavda

Possibilities for Holigarna grahamii (Wight)Kurz.

Thanks & regards
Dr. Santhan P
Industrial R&D expert, Plant taxonomist
Author of the Book "Trees of our Life" Botany, Chemistry, Medicine
9444813474/9620389349

J.M. Garg

Apr 8, 2021, 6:42:26 AM4/8/21
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, shobha chavda, radha veach, Santhan P
Thanks, Lalithamba ji and Radha ji, for the id.
Yes, more likely to be Holigarna arnottiana as per keys and details at Flora of Peninsular India

Apr 9, 2021, 5:00:30 AM4/9/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Radha ji,Lalithamba ji and Santhan ji
Regards

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Apr 9, 2021, 5:19:08 AM4/9/21
to efloraofindia
Is it a poisonous plant and very irritant to skin ? I overheard the locals mentioning this.They called it 'रानबिब्बा’ in Marathi.
I have seen 'बिब्बा' ( Semecarpus anacrdium - Dhobi Ink) from Anacardiaceae - that was a huge tree.Was trying to find the similarities between them.
Regards