16102011GS2 a shrub from Tiger fall area Chakrata for ID

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 16, 2011, 12:09:55 AM10/16/11
to efloraofindia
This small shrub was photographed from near Tiger fall in Chakrata at about 1400 m altitude. Leaves small usually 1.5-2 cm long, broadly obovate with rounded apex, cuneate at base; fruits 5-7 mm, globose, reddish, on 1-2 cm long stalk; calyx persistent in fruit, calyx lobes (sepals?) about 2 mm long, scarious margined, rounded at tip.

Help in ID is requested

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dubia-18-Chakrata Tiger fall area-1.jpg
Dubia-18-Chakrata Tiger fall area-2.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Oct 16, 2011, 12:27:42 AM10/16/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear Sir,
I think we must agree for this to be a Phyllanthus species, I am  attaching few pics of the same from the same site, for giving some more views. Hope the final identification comes soon.

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata.JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (1).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (2).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (3).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (4).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (5).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (6).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (7).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 16, 2011, 1:09:56 AM10/16/11
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks Nidhan ji for hunting out a male open flower. Yes it seems to be Phyllanthus. I place it tentatively under P. parvifolius. May be my estimation of leaf size was on upper side.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 31, 2011, 7:02:03 AM10/31/11
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
putting up again for ID confirmation

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 28, 2011, 9:16:19 AM11/28/11
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, amit chauhan, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Nidhan ji......................................I think we must agree for this to be a Phyllanthus species,

.--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
Dubia-18-Chakrata Tiger fall area-1.jpg
Dubia-18-Chakrata Tiger fall area-2.jpg

H S

Nov 29, 2011, 1:04:18 AM11/29/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, amit chauhan, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara
Just guess, Kirganelia reticulata, sure Family Euphorbiaceae

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 29, 2011, 1:24:22 AM11/29/11
to H S, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, amit chauhan, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara
Thanks H S
I think you are right. I have photographed Phyllanthus reticulatus from Herbal Garden Delhi and I think it is pretty close.
Thanks once again.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Nidhan Singh

Nov 29, 2011, 1:43:35 AM11/29/11
to Gurcharan Singh, H S, efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara
Dear Gurcharan Sir and HS Ji,

The plant in question does look like P. reticulata, but the fruit
seems to be different. I am hereby attaching pics of the same
individual through my camera. Hope to resole the identity.

Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata.JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (10).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (1).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (2).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (4).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (5).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (6).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (7).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (8).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (9).JPG

Nidhan Singh

Nov 29, 2011, 1:51:20 AM11/29/11
to Gurcharan Singh, H S, efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara
For further comparison, I am attaching here pics of Phyllanthus
reticulata from Panipat.
Phyllanthus reticulata.JPG
Phyllanthus reticulata (1).JPG
Phyllanthus reticulata (2).JPG
Phyllanthus reticulata (3).JPG
Phyllanthus reticulata (4).JPG
Phyllanthus reticulata (5).JPG
Phyllanthus reticulata (6).JPG
Phyllanthus reticulata (7).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 29, 2011, 2:26:53 AM11/29/11
to Nidhan Singh, H S, efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara
Yes Nidhan ji
Few things stand out. Phyllanthus reticulatus flowers are pinkish in colour, in clusters at each node, on much longer pedicel and fruit slightly larger and finally black

In this plant flowers occur singly, white in colour, on very short pedicel and fruit smaller and reddish in colour.

Here is my P. reticulatus from Delhi

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Phyllanthus-reticulatus-Delhi-1.jpg
Phyllanthus-reticulatus-Delhi-2.jpg
Phyllanthus-reticulatus-Delhi-3.jpg
Phyllanthus-reticulatus-Delhi-4.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Nov 29, 2011, 10:11:25 AM11/29/11
to Gurcharan Singh, H S, efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara
Yes Sir,

I think these features are suffiecient to separate the two species, I wonder what it turns to be, finally....

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 14, 2012, 6:16:29 AM1/14/12
to Nidhan Singh, H S, efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara
Resurfacing again for ID after it has been almost established that it can't be Phyllanthus reticulatus

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

jmgarg1

Nov 13, 2012, 5:40:11 AM11/13/12
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman, Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, shreya....@gmail.com, abesh...@gmail.com, balka...@gmail.com, mach...@gmail.com, tigeru...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in, dattaben...@gmail.com, H S

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 Thanks Nidhan ji for hunting out a male open flower. Yes it seems to be Phyllanthus. I place it tentatively under P. parvifolius. May be my estimation of leaf size was on upper side.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

 Yes Nidhan ji

Few things stand out. Phyllanthus reticulatus flowers are pinkish in colour, in clusters at each node, on much longer pedicel and fruit slightly larger and finally black
In this plant flowers occur singly, white in colour, on very short pedicel and fruit smaller and reddish in colour.
Here is my P. reticulatus from Delhi
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

Yes Sir,

I think these features are suffiecient to separate the two species, I wonder what it turns to be, finally.... from Nidhan ji.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata.JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (1).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (2).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (3).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (4).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (5).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (6).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (7).JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 18, 2013, 7:14:00 AM11/18/13
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Tapas Chakrabarty, Nidhan Singh

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2190 members & 1,72,300 messages on 31/10/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80, 000 images).
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata.JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (1).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (2).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (3).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (4).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (5).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (6).JPG
Phyllanthus sp. Chakrata (7).JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

Nov 19, 2013, 2:54:32 AM11/19/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Nidhan Singh
Phyllanthus reticulatus comes to mind which is a variable and widespread species.  P. pseudoparvifolius has much smaller leaves and fruits. P. parvifolius does not occur in India.
Tapas.

J.M. Garg

Apr 10, 2022, 11:04:42 AM4/10/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Nidhan Singh
Singh ji's these two images appear close to images at Phyllanthus clarkei Hook.f.

Apr 10, 2022, 11:07:06 AM4/10/22
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh
Nidhan ji's these 8 images have been identified as Phyllanthus glaucus Wall. ex Müll.Arg. by Balakrishnan ji as per EUPHORBIACEAE FORTNIGHT:: Phyllanthus 2 for id from Chakrata NS-57

Apr 10, 2022, 11:21:14 AM4/10/22
to efloraindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh
Yes Mr. Garg. I guess Cathetus clarkei (Hook.f.) R.W.Bouman is the correct ID !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 10, 2022, 11:27:06 AM4/10/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh
These excellent images belong to Cathetus clarkei, formerly Phyllanthus clarkei.

J.M. Garg

Apr 10, 2022, 11:57:40 AM4/10/22
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh
Thanks a lot, Tapas ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg