Acanthacean (Lepidagathis?) for id from Gori valley:: NS April 2022

Nidhan Singh

Apr 5, 2022, 11:31:16 AM4/5/22
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

Please help me identify this Acanthaceae member (Lepidagathis?), which was recorded from Gori valley, Uttarakhand..the pics are not so clear, any clues are welcome...

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Acanthaceae for id-GV.jpg
Acanthaceae for id-GV1.jpg
Acanthaceae for id-GV2.jpg
Acanthaceae for id-GV4.jpg
Acanthaceae for id-GV3.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2022, 11:33:00 AM4/5/22
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Nidhan ji, for the beautiful images.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 5, 2022, 3:29:17 PM4/5/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Nidhan Singh
Lepidagathis cuspidata Nees
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Nidhan Singh

Apr 5, 2022, 8:43:53 PM4/5/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Thank you Garg Ji and Saroj Ji...
I think it has to be checked, I have seen L. cuspidata plenty of times, and this plant is not resembling that..

J.M. Garg

Apr 11, 2022, 5:51:26 AM4/11/22
to Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
I think close to images at Lepidagathis incurva Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don (a high variable species with many varieties) and as per our earlier post at ACANTHACEAE FORTNIGHT:: Lepidagathis ? from Kosani:: NS MARCH 09/09

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg