Subspecies of Sida rhombifolia

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2019, 1:32:07 AM10/17/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Catalogue of Life mentions gives subspecies of Sida rhombifolia with their distribution.
Those distributed in India are
Sida rhombifolia var. scabrida (Wight & Arn.) Mast. (syn: Sida scabrida Wight & Arn.)

Malvaceae of Southern Peninsular India: A Taxonomic Monograph V. V. Sivarajan, ‎A. K. Pradeep - 1996- from p.228, gives details of both Sida rhombifolia subsp. rhombifolia and Sida rhombifolia var. scabrida (Wight & Arn.) Mast. (syn: Sida scabrida Wight & Arn.). Sida acuta also have variable leaves. we have to go through this detailed monograph to have a relook at our postings.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2019, 1:52:33 AM10/17/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Can anybody fish out Sida rhombifolia var. scabrida (Wight & Arn.) Mast. (syn: Sida scabrida Wight & Arn.) from our posts at Sida rhombifolia subsp. rhombifolia ?

J.M. Garg

Oct 22, 2019, 12:44:14 AM10/22/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
I will try to go through the monograph as and when time permits.

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2019, 2:29:18 AM10/24/19
to dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia
Forwarding Monograph link as requested.