orn. malvaceae from Hooghly 3/11/12 sk2

surajit koley

Nov 3, 2012, 12:30:21 PM11/3/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

I attach photos of an ornamental under shrub, recorded on the 29th August, 2012 and today. Comparing this plant with my very recent post of another Hibiscus at - https://groups.google.com/d/topic/indiantreepix/DJdSe0wtQ3Q/discussion :-
  1. the plant is reddish with violet hue
  2. lobes of the leaves are broader and less longer
  3. less prickly and prickles not as sharp as the earlier plant at the above link
  4. flowers are darker
  5. a few more differences like leaf-calyx-epicalyx colour
Another variety of Hibiscus radiatus Cav. ?

Species : UNKNOWN
H & H : ornamental herb or under-shrub in a front yard
Date : 29/8/12 & 3/11/12
Place : Hooghly

Thank you & Regards,

surajit
29aug12_01.jpg
106.jpg
107.jpg
108.jpg
109.jpg
110.jpg
111.jpg
112.jpg
113.jpg
114.jpg
29aug12_02.jpg
29aug12_03.jpg
29aug12_04.jpg
101.jpg
102.jpg
103.jpg
104.jpg
105.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 3, 2012, 1:36:51 PM11/3/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
I hope H. radiatus only

Perhaps the stage of leaves about to fall, when petioles and possibly stem become reddish and leaves turning yellowish.

http://growerjim.blogspot.com/2010/11/hibiscus-radiatus.html

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

surajit koley

Nov 3, 2012, 1:55:10 PM11/3/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Sir, i understand that spine and shape of the epicalyx tip is the key.

Regards,

surajit

ushadi Micromini

Nov 6, 2012, 1:10:29 AM11/6/12
to Gurcharan Singh, surajit koley, efloraofindia
Gurcharanji

yes
my first reaction was sabdariffa
but its not
you are right

secondly your blogspot link led me to this link... about farmers' markets... the icture it shows of a market... is soooo neat and clean... and then compare and contrast it to our mucky one...   http://www.examiner.com/article/farmers-markets-help-local-economies

did you take many pictures of the market itself?

usha di

===

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:

Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2019, 8:38:55 AM10/16/19
to efloraofindia
I think it should be Hibiscus acetosella rather than Hibiscus radiatus as per details, images and references herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

29aug12_01.jpg
106.jpg
107.jpg
108.jpg