Plant for ID : 30/11/2011 SMP1

Satish Phadke

Nov 30, 2011, 4:25:00 AM11/30/11
to indiantreepix
I took photographs of this plant from Purandar fort.
Small herb
Growing on walls of Fort Purandar.
Flower size very tiny 2-3mm. Inflorescence. Clustered axillary.
Leaves 1-2 cm.
I think this is some Rungia species.

--
Dr Satish Phadke
Rungia_MG_6210.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Nov 30, 2011, 9:31:12 AM11/30/11
to efloraindia
Satish...
just want to say ...loved your macro techniques here...

dont know anything about this plant...

usha di
===

>  Rungia_MG_6210.jpg
> 167KViewDownload
>
>  Rungia_MG_6211.jpg
> 120KViewDownload
>
>  Rungia_MG_6249.jpg
> 134KViewDownload

Satish Phadke

Dec 2, 2011, 12:37:44 AM12/2/11
to indiantreepix, Mohina Macker, H S, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke
I wold like to mention that these plants were growing on the walls of fort. I also observed them on Sinhgad 2 days earlier. The plant had a long hairy leaves ...sort of oval to linear lanceolate 3-4cm in length.
The leaves seen in the background in _IMG 6211 are of different plant.
--
Dr Satish Phadke
Rungia_MG_6210.jpg

Mohina Macker

Dec 2, 2011, 4:20:06 AM12/2/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix, H S, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke
Dear Satish ji
I dare say this is Rungia pectinata
attaching some that I took last week
regards
mohina

DSCN1555a.jpg
DSCN1553aa.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

Dec 2, 2011, 4:47:07 AM12/2/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix, Mohina Macker, H S, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke
Nice pictures!

I would post mine separate because I feel there is a difference.

Dear Mohina ji,

I afraid whether your picture belong to the same species as that of Satish jis because in your pictures some of the inflorescence are stalked whereas, in Satish ji's pictures all the inflorescence are sessile.
Further, the color and pattern of lower lip is different. I am not sure about the variation in this species.
Please also consider R. muralis before reach a conclusion.
I too got a similar one from Kerala and I am not yet concluded.

Expecting more comments.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Mohina Macker

Dec 2, 2011, 5:57:58 AM12/2/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix, H S, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke
Dear Giby ji
You are right
the pattern of the lower lip is completely different
will check on R muralis
thanks
mohina

Satish Phadke

Dec 2, 2011, 9:16:07 AM12/2/11
to Giby Kuriakose, indiantreepix, Mohina Macker, H S, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke
Giby ji, Mohina ji
Thanks for the feedback.
It would be interesting to keep a watch on analysis from different experts.
Thank you; at least both of you agree on it being a Rungia species...As this is probably my first encounter with Rungia.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Giby Kuriakose <giby.ku...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dr Satish Phadke

jmgarg1

Jun 20, 2012, 8:08:16 AM6/20/12
to efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, anala...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, raani...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, devar...@gmail.com, sheeta...@gmail.com, kawale...@gmail.com, sachi...@gmail.com, rlgh...@gmail.com, Adittya Dharap, Giby Kuriakose, mohina...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I wold like to mention that these plants were growing on the walls of fort. I also observed them on Sinhgad 2 days earlier. The plant had a long hairy leaves ...sort of oval to linear lanceolate 3-4cm in length.
The leaves seen in the background in _IMG 6211 are of different plant.” from Phadke ji.

“I dare say this is Rungia pectinata

attaching some that I took last week” from Mohina ji.

I afraid whether your picture belong to the same species as that of Satish jis because in your pictures some of the inflorescence are stalked whereas, in Satish ji's pictures all the inflorescence are sessile.

Further, the color and pattern of lower lip is different. I am not sure about the variation in this species.

Please also consider R. muralis before reach a conclusion.

I too got a similar one from Kerala and I am not yet concluded.
Expecting more comments.

Regards,

Giby”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1870 members & 1,18,000 messages on 31/5/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 6500 species).

Rungia_MG_6210.jpg
Rungia_MG_6211.jpg
Rungia_MG_6249.jpg

jmgarg1

Jun 28, 2012, 11:59:20 PM6/28/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, anala...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, raani...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, devar...@gmail.com, sheeta...@gmail.com, kawale...@gmail.com, sachi...@gmail.com, rlgh...@gmail.com, Adittya Dharap, Giby Kuriakose, mohina...@gmail.com

Rungia sp. but not pectinata

--
Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jun 29, 2012, 12:10:46 AM6/29/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
May be Rungia parviflora!
Pankaj

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2020, 5:22:31 AM1/15/20
to efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, Satish Phadke, Prabhu kumar KM, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
This should be Justicia pectinata as per discussions at Sorting Rungia species
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

Rungia_MG_6210.jpg
Rungia_MG_6211.jpg
Rungia_MG_6249.jpg

surajit koley

Jan 15, 2020, 11:20:52 AM1/15/20
to efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, Satish Phadke, Prabhu kumar KM, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Yes Sir, it looks like so.

Thank you.

With regards,

Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2020, 10:03:07 PM1/15/20
to efloraofindia, Mohina Macker, Satish Phadke, Prabhu kumar KM, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, surajitkoley
Thanks, Surajit ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg