Small tree for identification 261013MK02

Muthu Karthick

Oct 26, 2013, 5:59:38 AM10/26/13
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

Please help me in identifying this small tree found in dry scrub forests. Fruits are less than one cm across. Could this be any Boraginaceae member?

Place: Theni dist., TN
Date: 10 Oct 2013
Alt.: 450 m asl

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1377.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG
IMG_1379.JPG
IMG_1380.JPG

Satish Phadke

Oct 26, 2013, 10:33:40 AM10/26/13
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
The scorpioid cyme suggests it to be Boraginaceae as you have already mentioned. Any Ehretia species??

Dr Satish Phadke

Nidhan Singh

Oct 27, 2013, 12:41:51 PM10/27/13
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick

A distant looking guess from my side.....as this doesn't look like Ehretia sp. to me..can this be a Salvadora sp.???

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2013, 9:32:12 PM11/8/13
to efloraofindia, Udayakumar Kumar, V.S. Ramachandran, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, C KUNHIKANNAN, M Swamy, C Kalidasa, Kabeer Althaf, jspan...@gmail.com, Saravana Gandhi, Raju Karthic, Nambiyath Balakrishnan, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Franklin Charles Jose, Sampath Kumar Krishnachandran, A.Sinha, sunil.m...@gmail.com, gow....@gmail.com, tirupati...@gmail.com, micha...@gmail.com, Alok Bang, dheep...@gmail.com, giri...@gmail.com, khale...@gmail.com, Satish Phadke, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

The scorpioid cyme suggests it to be Boraginaceae as you have already mentioned. Any Ehretia species??
Dr Satish Phadke

A distant looking guess from my side.....as this doesn't look like Ehretia sp. to me..can this be a Salvadora sp.??? - from Nidhan ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2190 members & 1,72,300 messages on 31/10/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8500 species & 1,70, 000 images).
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1377.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG
IMG_1379.JPG
IMG_1380.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 9, 2013, 3:47:43 AM11/9/13
to efloraofindia, Udayakumar Kumar, V.S. Ramachandran, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, C KUNHIKANNAN, M Swamy, C Kalidasa, Kabeer Althaf, jspan...@gmail.com, Saravana Gandhi, Raju Karthic, Nambiyath Balakrishnan, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Franklin Charles Jose, Sampath Kumar Krishnachandran, A.Sinha, sunil.m...@gmail.com, gow....@gmail.com, tirupati...@gmail.com, micha...@gmail.com, Alok Bang, dheep...@gmail.com, giri...@gmail.com, khale...@gmail.com, Satish Phadke, Nidhan Singh
A reply:
"It looks like Cordia sp,Boraginacece
--
With warm regards,

Dr. V. S. Ramachandran
Dept. Of Botany
Bharathiar University
Coimbatore- 641 046."

J.M. Garg

Jul 9, 2021, 7:53:28 AM7/9/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 9, 2021, 7:54:37 AM7/9/21
to indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick

Jul 16, 2021, 6:11:22 AM7/16/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
A species of Ehretia

Navendu
--
Navendu Page

Scientist-C
Wildlife Institute of India,
Dehradun - 248001.
Ph: +91 9611053510

J.M. Garg

Jul 16, 2021, 6:12:11 AM7/16/21
to navendu page, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Thanks a lot, Navendu ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jul 17, 2021, 5:41:24 AM7/17/21
to efloraofindia, navendu page, Muthu Karthick
Yes it's Ehretia sp. similar to acuminata,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 07/17/21, 03:10:13 PM

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 17, 2021, 7:14:32 AM7/17/21
to efloraindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, navendu page, Muthu Karthick

Ehretia aspera Willd. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 26, 2021, 4:32:32 AM7/26/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Gurcharan Singh, navendu page, Muthu Karthick
I think it is close to the images at Ehretia laevis Roxb.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg