straggler for id 241210MK3

Muthu Karthick

Dec 24, 2010, 3:50:12 AM12/24/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Kindly help to id this Straggler shrub. I hope this belongs to Rhamnaceae.

Date/Time-

06-11-2010 / 1:30 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

ca.2200asl; Kodaikanal, TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

roadside;

Plant Habit-

stragger

Height/Length-

ca. 5 M

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

ca. 6 x 4 cm

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

ca. 1cm across

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Kodai 173.jpg
Kodai 174.jpg
Kodai 175.jpg
Kodai 176.jpg
Kodai 177.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Dec 24, 2010, 9:22:08 AM12/24/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Can it be Rhamnus triquetrus?

--
Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 17, 2011, 6:11:03 AM1/17/11
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Nidhan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman
resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Nidhan ji...................................................Can it be Rhamnus triquetrus?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Muthu Karthick

Mar 16, 2011, 2:52:45 AM3/16/11
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for id assistance.
Nidhanji ---- Can it be Rhamnus triquetrus?

Forwarded conversation
Subject: straggler for id 241210MK3
------------------------
----------
From: Nidhan Singh <nidhans...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 7:52 PM
To: Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com>
Cc: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>

#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Kodai 173.jpg
Kodai 174.jpg
Kodai 175.jpg
Kodai 176.jpg
Kodai 177.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 7, 2011, 11:44:14 PM4/7/11
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Nidhan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback
Nidhanji ---- Can it be Rhamnus triquetrus?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Jul 17, 2011, 3:13:03 AM7/17/11
to efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Can it be Rhamnus triquetrus?

--
Dr. Nidhan Singh”

Jul 17, 2011, 3:58:47 AM7/17/11
to efloraofindia
Can not confirm from my side. But, I think it may be Rhamnus
triquetrus of Rhamnaceae family.
please check the link and the link therein for illustration

http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=5&taxon_id=250075397

Regards,
Giby

On Jul 17, 12:13 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “Can it be *Rhamnus triquetrus*?
>
> --
> Dr. Nidhan Singh”

JM Garg

May 22, 2019, 4:31:57 AM5/22/19
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Nidhan Singh
To me appears close to images at Rhamnus wightii Wight & Arn. as per comparative images at Rhamnus
Kodai 173.jpg
Kodai 174.jpg
Kodai 175.jpg
Kodai 176.jpg
Kodai 177.jpg

Muthu Karthick

May 22, 2019, 5:22:55 AM5/22/19
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Yes Garg ji, the plant is Rhamnus wightii Wight & Arn.
--
Muthu Karthick N | Team Leader

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2019, 5:28:10 AM5/22/19
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Muthu ji.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

Saroj Kasaju

May 22, 2019, 11:13:30 AM5/22/19
to efloraindia, Muthu Karthick, Nidhan Singh
Nice images.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju