Help needed for Idnetification of Flower and Plant from Rajpipla, Gujarat

Arpit Deomurari

Sep 14, 2009, 5:36:28 AM9/14/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends....

I just visited Rajpipla situated in Eastern Gujarat for photography...

While trekking I cam across a lovely flowers of a small plant which I found only on the stream side cliffs at one part only in 4 days trekking.

Is it Ground Orchid?????????????..................

--
Arpit Deomurari

Naturalist And Birder......
"AVANI" Anand Colony Road No-1
Nr. "Gurukrupa", Opp. "Rushi" Apartment,
Vikasgruh Road, Jamnagar - 361008
Gujarat(INDIA)

E-Mail:- deom...@gmail.com
            ar...@waders.in

Web site:
http://www.waders.in
http://indianaturewatch.net/view_cat.php?tag=Arpit%20Deomurari
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deomurari

Mobile No.:- +91-9426442243   (Mobile)

I Believe In God, Only spell It Nature
One should not have a job, career or profession- only a hobby, passion and a cause

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail - Save paper.
IMG_3264-ed.jpg
IMG_3269-ed-enh.jpg
IMG_3278-ed.jpg

MAX OVERTON

Sep 14, 2009, 7:02:12 AM9/14/09
to deom...@gmail.com, Indian tree pics
Looks like a Begonia, but I could not begin to say which one.

Max

Novels by Max and/or Ariana Overton http://www.maxoverton.com

The Lion of Scythia Trilogy (Lion of Scythia, The Golden King, Funeral in Babylon) - EPPIE winners 2005 and 2006; The Glass House Trilogy (Glass House, A Glass Darkly, Looking Glass) - Eppie finalists; A Cry of Shadows, The Devil is in the Details,  Trapdoor, Tapestry,  Scarab - Akhenaten (Book 1 of the Amarnan Kings), Scarab - Smenkhkare (Book 2 of the Amarnan Kings), Scarab - Tutankhamen (Book 3 of the Amarnan Kings), Scarab - Ay (Book 4 of the Amarnan Kings), Rakshasa, Glass Continuum, Ascension
Works in Progress: Djinn, Scarab - Horemheb (Book 5 of the Amarnan Kings), Sequestered

Also check out http://julesphotographiccreations.blogspot.com/

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:06:28 +0530
Subject: [indiantreepix:18316] Help needed for Idnetification of Flower and Plant from Rajpipla, Gujarat
From: deom...@gmail.com
To: indian...@googlegroups.com

Prashant awale

Sep 14, 2009, 7:21:30 AM9/14/09
to MAX OVERTON, deom...@gmail.com, Indian tree pics
Its Begonia sp..

Rajesh Sachdev

Sep 14, 2009, 7:52:18 AM9/14/09
to Arpit Deomurari, indiantreepix
begonia crenata..it seems

2009/9/14 Arpit Deomurari <deom...@gmail.com>

--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Pardeshi S.

Sep 15, 2009, 5:34:32 AM9/15/09
to indiantreepix
Hello Arpit Ji
check for Begonia concanensis DC.
if a pic of fruit is there, that would cinfirm the id.
fo rnow it is resembling B. concanensis

regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Sep 14, 2:36 pm, Arpit Deomurari <deomur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends....
> I just visited Rajpipla situated in Eastern Gujarat for photography...
>
> While trekking I cam across a lovely flowers of a small plant which I found
> only on the stream side cliffs at one part only in 4 days trekking.
>
> Is it Ground Orchid?????????????..................
>
> --
> Arpit Deomurari
>
> Naturalist And Birder......
> "AVANI" Anand Colony Road No-1
> Nr. "Gurukrupa", Opp. "Rushi" Apartment,
> Vikasgruh Road, Jamnagar - 361008
> Gujarat(INDIA)
>
> E-Mail:- deomur...@gmail.com
>             ar...@waders.in
>
> Web site:http://www.waders.inhttp://indianaturewatch.net/view_cat.php?tag=Arpit%20Deomurarihttp://www.flickr.com/photos/deomurari
>
> Mobile No.:- +91-9426442243   (Mobile)
>
> I Believe In God, Only spell It Nature
> One should not have a job, career or profession- only a hobby, passion and a
> cause
>
> Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this
> e-mail - Save paper.
>
>  IMG_3264-ed.jpg
> 476KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3269-ed-enh.jpg
> 59KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3278-ed.jpg
> 143KViewDownload

Arpit Deomurari

Sep 16, 2009, 12:30:02 AM9/16/09
to Pardeshi S., indiantreepix
Thank you everyone for identifying the Begonia species....

Regards

Pardeshi S.

Sep 16, 2009, 6:34:50 AM9/16/09
to indiantreepix
Hello Arpit ji
Did you got your species confirmed?

Please let us know the species

regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Sep 16, 9:30 am, Arpit Deomurari <deomur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you everyone for identifying the Begonia species....
> Regards
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Pardeshi S. <satishparde...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hello Arpit Ji
> > check for Begonia concanensis DC.
> > if a pic of fruit is there, that would cinfirm the id.
> > fo rnow it is resembling B. concanensis
>
> > regards
> > Satish Pardeshi
>
> > On Sep 14, 2:36 pm, Arpit Deomurari <deomur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Dear Friends....
> > > I just visited Rajpipla situated in Eastern Gujarat for photography...
>
> > > While trekking I cam across a lovely flowers of a small plant which I
> > found
> > > only on the stream side cliffs at one part only in 4 days trekking.
>
> > > Is it Ground Orchid?????????????..................
>
> > > --
> > > Arpit Deomurari
>
> > > Naturalist And Birder......
> > > "AVANI" Anand Colony Road No-1
> > > Nr. "Gurukrupa", Opp. "Rushi" Apartment,
> > > Vikasgruh Road, Jamnagar - 361008
> > > Gujarat(INDIA)
>
> > > E-Mail:- deomur...@gmail.com
> > >             ar...@waders.in
>
> > > Web site:http://www.waders.inhttp://
> > indianaturewatch.net/view_cat.php?tag=Arpit%20Deomurarihttp://www.flickr.com/photos/deomurari
>
> e-mail - Save paper.- Hide quoted text -

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Dec 27, 2020, 6:17:24 AM12/27/20
to efloraofindia
Begonia picta Sm.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 27, 2020, 8:55:48 AM12/27/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 28, 2021, 11:03:58 AM6/28/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 28, 2021, 11:04:57 AM6/28/21
to indiantreepix, deom...@gmail.com
IMG_3264-ed.jpg
IMG_3269-ed-enh.jpg
IMG_3278-ed.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 28, 2021, 11:22:29 AM6/28/21
to efloraindia, deom...@gmail.com
Does not match with Begonia concanensis and no distribution.
What about my earlier suggestion : Begonia picta Sm. ??
Lot of leaf variation in this sp.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

JM Garg

Jul 19, 2021, 3:19:08 AM7/19/21
to efloraofindia
Jul 19, 2021, 3:33:37 AM7/19/21
to efloraofindia, deom...@gmail.com
Is this B.picta ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG_3264-ed.jpg
IMG_3269-ed-enh.jpg
IMG_3278-ed.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 19, 2021, 3:44:24 AM7/19/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, deom...@gmail.com
Yes Mr. Garg !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Arpit Deomurari

Jul 19, 2021, 9:14:48 AM7/19/21
to Mark Hughes, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sorry for my ingonrace, I'm not much aware about Botanical taxonomy
Does B. stands for Begonia genus.

Regards

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 6:16 PM Mark Hughes <MHu...@rbge.org.uk> wrote:

From Gujarat this could be B. trichcocarpa (although it seems hard to separate this species from B. picta)

The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC007983) | Support Us

This notice applies to this email and to any other email subsequently sent by anyone at RBGE and appearing in the same chain of email correspondence. References below to "this email" should be read accordingly. This e-mail and its attachments (if any) are confidential, may be protected by copyright and may be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, notify us immediately by reply e-mail, delete it and do not use, disclose or copy it. Unless we expressly say otherwise in this e-mail, this e-mail does not create, form part of, or vary, any contractual or unilateral obligation. No liability is accepted for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Where this e-mail is unrelated to the business of RBGE, the opinions expressed within this e-mail are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of RBGE. RBGE emails are filtered and monitored.

--

- Arpit Deomurari

Lead - GIS & Conservation Technology

WWF-India | www.wwfindia.org | 172 B, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi- 110003

Cell. +91 9727338855Skype: arpit.deomurari | Alternate E-Mail:- deom...@gmail.com | www.aviandiversity.com

 I Believe In God, Only spell It Nature
One should not have a job, career or profession- only a hobby, passion and a cause

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail - Save paper.

Confidentiality Notice: This email is confidential and may also be privileged. You should not copy the email or disclose its contents to any other person as it is solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete this message from your computer. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error- or virus-free.
General Statement: Any statements made, or intentions expressed in this communication may not necessarily reflect the view of Arpit Deomurari. Be advised that no content herein may be held binding upon Arpit Deomurari or any associate or any associated companies unless confirmed by the issuance of a formal contractual document.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 19, 2021, 9:19:05 AM7/19/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, Mark Hughes
Yes.