Angelonia Species for ID : Muscat : 04JUN20 : AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 4, 2020, 8:15:58 AM6/4/20
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Garg Ji,
These are some Angelonia plants I have seen earlier in Muscat.
Very old photographs.
I realized that I missed posting these before.
For Species id please.
Regards,
Aarti
Angelonia-Muscat Palace-Dscn3082.JPG
Angelonia-Muscat Palace-DSCN2851.JPG
Angelonia-Muscat Palace-DSCN9857.JPG
Angelonia-Muscat Palace-DSCN4562.JPG
Angelonia-Muscat Palace-Dscn2852.JPG
Angelonia-Muscat Palace-P1010005.jpg
Angelonia-Muscat Palace-P1000998.JPG
Angelonia-Muscat Palace-P1000999.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 4, 2020, 10:18:46 AM6/4/20
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 4, 2020, 10:01:35 PM6/4/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Ji,
I went through the discussion.
I am confused.
Earlier I had labelled these as Angelonia angustifolia.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Jun 4, 2020, 10:54:07 PM6/4/20
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
What does Flora of Oman say ?
Are there more than one species listed with keys ?

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 5, 2020, 12:52:07 AM6/5/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Ji,
These plants were cultivated ones.
Not native species.
I might have forgotten to mention.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Jun 5, 2020, 1:06:25 AM6/5/20
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
So go for A.salicariifolia as per discussions at Angelonia biflora & Angelonia salicariifolia, until there is more clarity.

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 5, 2020, 1:32:53 AM6/5/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg Ji.