ANDEC57 Which Strobilanthes sp.?

Anurag Sharma

Dec 19, 2014, 10:22:16 AM12/19/14

Dec 23, 2014, 12:16:26 AM12/23/14

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 8:52 PM, Anurag Sharma <anurag...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anurag Sharma

Dec 23, 2014, 1:43:22 AM12/23/14
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you sir.

Anurag Sharma

Feb 26, 2015, 8:54:37 AM2/26/15
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sir,

Please confirm if the right spelling is Strobilanthes dalhousieanus.
--
Anurag N. Sharma
BSc. (CBZ) 2nd Year

J.M. Garg

Mar 6, 2015, 6:10:24 AM3/6/15
to Anurag Sharma, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Current name is Strobilanthes penstemonoides (to see pl. click)
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Anurag Sharma

Mar 7, 2015, 4:14:07 PM3/7/15
to J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much, Garg sir.

J.M. Garg

Dec 2, 2019, 7:58:19 AM12/2/19
to efloraofindia, Anurag sharma
Can it be Strobilanthes penstemonoides var. penstemonoides as the leaves appears to be glabrous ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

DSC_0130.jpg
DSC_0133.jpg
DSC_0134.jpg
DSC_0136.jpg
DSC_0137.jpg
DSC_0138.jpg
DSC_0141.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 3, 2019, 7:52:30 AM12/3/19
to efloraofindia, Anurag sharma, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Dr. Wood.

Jan 6, 2020, 5:56:03 AM1/6/20
to efloraofindia, Anurag sharma, GurcharanSingh
Strobilanthes bracteata as per another thread by Dr. Wood.

Apr 18, 2022, 12:17:18 PM4/18/22
to efloraofindia, Anurag sharma
It does not look like Strobilanthes bracteata (Nees) J.R.I. Wood as recently identified by Dr. Wood at link.

Apr 21, 2022, 7:01:37 AM4/21/22
to efloraofindia, Anurag sharma

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Strobilanthus dalhousianus I hope

Dr. Gurcharan Singh

Current name is Strobilanthes penstemonoides (to see pl. click)- from me

Can it be Strobilanthes penstemonoides var. penstemonoides as the leaves appears to be glabrous ?- from me

This is NOT Strobilanthes penstemonoides (hairy corolla and absence of scarious bracts). I think it is Strobilanthes angustifrons C.B. Clarke but am not completely sure. Is there a photo showing the whole plant?
Regards

John Wood

Strobilanthes bracteata as per another thread by Dr. Wood.

It does not look like Strobilanthes bracteata (Nees) J.R.I. Wood as recently identified by Dr. Wood at link.

- from me

Apr 21, 2022, 8:33:27 AM4/21/22
to efloraofindia, Anurag sharma
Thanks a lot, Dr. Wood.

Apr 26, 2022, 5:28:42 AM4/26/22
to efloraofindia, Anurag sharma
Hi, Dr. Wood,
You have once suggested as below:

"This is NOT Strobilanthes penstemonoides (hairy corolla and absence of scarious bracts). I think it is Strobilanthes angustifrons C.B. Clarke but am not completely sure. Is there a photo showing the whole plant?
Regards
John Wood"
--
With regards,