Fwd: ASYSTASIA GANGETICA : MORE IMAGES

J.M. Garg

Feb 15, 2021, 10:49:01 PM2/15/21
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar
Thanks, Bimal ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bimal Sar kar <bima...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb, 2021, 5:39 am
Subject: ASYSTASIA GANGETICA : MORE IMAGES
To: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

Hello Garg ji,
                 There was a request to send more images of the plant.
                  Attaching few more images for further confirmation.
                    With regards,
                    Bimal
Asystasia gangetica 4.jpg
Asystasia gangetica 8.jpg
Asystasia gangetica 5.jpg
Asystasia gangetica 6.jpg
Asystasia gangetica 7.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 20, 2021, 11:59:49 AM2/20/21
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar, Saroj Kasaju, Chennuru Nagendra, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
  I think it will be Ruellia ciliatiflora as per images and references herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mahadeswara

Feb 20, 2021, 11:28:13 PM2/20/21
to efloraofindia
I agree with Garg ji.

J.M. Garg

Feb 24, 2021, 5:35:38 AM2/24/21
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Bimal ji,
May I request you to pl. send high resolution images to check more details, in view of doubts expressed by Saroj ji.
I also find leaves to be a bit different as per GBIF– specimen
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 24, 2021, 5:36:20 AM2/24/21
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Dr. Wood.

J.M. Garg

Feb 24, 2021, 6:21:30 AM2/24/21
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Dr. Wood,
After checking all species reported from India as per details at Asystasia, I found only option is to go for Asystasia nemorum as per GBIF- specimen 1, specimen 2 and specimen 3
But I am not fully convinced.
I seek your kind help in the matter.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 24, 2021, 6:35:54 AM2/24/21
to J.M. Garg, John Wood, efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar
I guess it looks different from Asystasia nemorum as well.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 27, 2021, 4:45:18 AM2/27/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Bimal Sar kar, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

I think it will be Ruellia ciliatiflora as per images and references herein (Images from Duars, West Bengal).  - from me

I agree with Garg ji.- from Mahadeswara ji

This is not Ruellia ciliatiflora. I think it is probably a species of Asystasia (note club-shaped capsule) but I can only see two stamens. It is not Asystasia gangetica as far as I can see. Sorry not to be more definite.
Regards

John Wood

Hi, Bimal ji,
May I request you to pl. send high resolution images to check more details, in view of doubts expressed by Saroj ji.

I also find leaves to be a bit different as per GBIF– specimen- from me

Asystasia gangetica 4.jpg
Asystasia gangetica 8.jpg
Asystasia gangetica 5.jpg
Asystasia gangetica 6.jpg
Asystasia gangetica 7.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 27, 2021, 9:13:34 PM2/27/21
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar, Saroj Kasaju, Aarti S. Khale
Thanks, Dr.  Wood.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mar 2, 2021, 10:00:09 AM3/2/21
to efloraofindia
Mar 2, 2021, 11:24:36 AM3/2/21
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.
But Dr. Wood (Expert on Strobilanthes) indicated it to be Asystasia species only.

Mar 2, 2021, 11:24:45 AM3/2/21
to efloraofindia

Mar 2, 2021, 2:08:27 PM3/2/21
to efloraofindia
I too agree with Lalithamba ma'am for Asystasia,
resembles Asystasia chelnoides,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 03/03/21, 12:36:40 AM

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFCNwRKHi18cXnCCjfGjNeZEA6jYohkA70BETmLvb8YfLw%40mail.gmail.com.

J.M. Garg

Mar 5, 2021, 7:02:22 AM3/5/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Saroj Kasaju, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks, Paradesi ji.
Asystasia chelonoides may be possible as per POWO, though it gives its distribution only in S. India, Sri Lanka.
Also these images look different from existing images at Asystasia chelonoides
I am unable to solve this mystery.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 5, 2021, 7:03:06 AM3/5/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 at 00:38, Paradesi Anjaneyulu <paradesia...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Mar 5, 2021, 9:02:24 AM3/5/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
I agree with Paradeshi and Garg ji ,
thank you.
--
A.Lalithamba