Tree 02 for id from Gori Valley:: NS July 2019-03

Nidhan Singh

Jul 31, 2019, 11:41:19 AM7/31/19
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This is again from Gori valley area... the stipules are very peculiar..
I know that pics are even poorer than the first one, still any clues to id will be helpful....!!!

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
2 (3).JPG
2 (1).JPG
2 (4).JPG
2 (7).JPG
2 (6).JPG
2 (11).JPG
2 (8).JPG

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jul 31, 2019, 1:37:00 PM7/31/19
to efloraofindia
Uncaria sessilifructus, Rubiaceae,
With kind regards.

Nidhan Singh

Jul 31, 2019, 8:47:00 PM7/31/19
to indiantreepix
Thanks Paradesi Ji for this useful, almost conclusive lead, I never had this in mind..

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2019, 8:56:28 AM8/8/19
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Seeing the fruits I am more inclined towards Uncaria scandens (Fruiting head 20-25 mm in diam. Fruit sessile, obovoid to oblanceoloid, 6-9 mm, hirtellous) than Uncaria sessilifructus Roxburgh (Fruiting head 25-35 mm in diam. Fruit sessile, fusiform, 10-14 mm, sericeous)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

2 (3).JPG
2 (1).JPG
2 (4).JPG
2 (7).JPG
2 (6).JPG
2 (11).JPG
2 (8).JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2019, 12:09:24 AM8/14/19
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Hi, Nidhan ji & Paradesi ji,
You views in the matter pl. ?

2 (3).JPG
2 (1).JPG
2 (4).JPG
2 (7).JPG
2 (6).JPG
2 (11).JPG
2 (8).JPG

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 15, 2019, 1:58:20 PM8/15/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Simple key,
Stipules ovate...............U. scandens
Stipules lanceolate.......U. sessilifructus,
With regards.

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2019, 11:01:43 PM8/15/19
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Paradesi ji. From where these are taken?

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 16, 2019, 2:54:20 PM8/16/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Flora of china Garg Ji,
With regards.

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2019, 12:52:35 AM8/17/19
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Paradesi ji,
How about fruits ?:
Uncaria scandens (Fruiting head 20-25 mm in diam. Fruit sessile, obovoid to oblanceoloid, 6-9 mm, hirtellous) than Uncaria sessilifructus Roxburgh (Fruiting head 25-35 mm in diam. Fruit sessile, fusiform, 10-14 mm, sericeous)

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2019, 1:03:57 AM8/17/19
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Uncaria scandens (Fruiting head 20-25 mm in diam. Fruit sessile, obovoid to oblanceoloid, 6-9 mm, hirtellous- stipules deciduous, ovate, 6-10 mm, deeply 2-lobed, strigillose, puberulent, or glabrescent,  lobes lanceolate, ovate, or narrowly triangular, acute) than Uncaria sessilifructus Roxburgh (Fruiting head 25-35 mm in diam. Fruit sessile, fusiform, 10-14 mm, sericeous- stipules deciduous, ligulate to lanceolate, 7-10 mm, 2-lobed for 2/3 or more, glabrous to densely puberulent, lobes narrowly triangular, acute).

From the above, I have the feeling nthat there is not much difference in the stipule lobes. Pl. check and let us know.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 17, 2019, 1:39:05 PM8/17/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Garg Ji, how can we measure to the fruits and shape too, there is not clearly a single fruit, there is only clumped fruits with inflorescence, that's why only I took which character(stipules) differentiate with photos.
with regards.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 17, 2019, 1:48:12 PM8/17/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Nidhan Ji, please check with which provide information Garg Ji if you have material,
then finalize species,
With regards.

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2019, 11:34:35 PM8/17/19
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Hi, Paradesi ji,
PL. see the shape of the fruit in Uncaria sessilifructus at
It looks quite different compared to those posted by Nidhan ji.