513 ID wild ginger

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 16, 2023, 12:27:01 AM12/16/23
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild ginger, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Kerala INDIA

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 04DEC2023, 04.15pm

Habitat: wild moisture evergreen misty sloppy canopied alpine

Plant habit: ginger, erect/obliquely, weak cylindrical greenish pseudo-stem 03cm base diameter, perennial

Height: 03.5 meters

Leaves: alternate elongated acute simple smooth glossy flexible, size upto: 45×12cm

Flower: terrestrial inflorescence, diameter:04cm, white with yellow shade and red lines, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20231204161751_IMG_6357.JPG
20231204161652_IMG_6349.JPG
20231204161630_IMG_6348.JPG
20231210160731_IMG_6542.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 16, 2023, 12:31:27 AM12/16/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231204161704_IMG_6350.JPG
20231204161724_IMG_6354.JPG
20231204161912_IMG_6360.JPG
20231204161732_IMG_6355.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 16, 2023, 12:34:16 AM12/16/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231204161917_IMG_6361.JPG
20231204161843_IMG_6358.JPG
20231204161956_IMG_6362.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 16, 2023, 12:36:39 AM12/16/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231204162115_IMG_6365.JPG
20231204162036_IMG_6363.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 16, 2023, 12:37:36 AM12/16/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231204162131_IMG_6366.JPG
20231204162202_IMG_6367.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 16, 2023, 12:38:52 AM12/16/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231204162233_IMG_6369.JPG
20231204162215_IMG_6368.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 16, 2023, 10:18:04 AM12/16/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Looks close to  Meistera newmanii (M.Sabu & V.P.Thomas) Škorničk. & M.F.Newman
Syn : Amomum newmanii M.Sabu & V.P.Thomas and Meistera ghatica (K.G.Bhat) Škorničk. & M.F.Newman
Syn : Amomum ghaticum K.G.Bhat
But I guess it is more closer to Meistera ghatica (K.G.Bhat) Škorničk. & M.F.Newman
Syn : Amomum ghaticum K.G.Bhat
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 16, 2023, 11:05:33 AM12/16/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Yes, my plant is very close to both Meistera sps., thank you very much for identified my plant. I think the stamen and pollens of my plant are slightly different.  With kind regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20231216-211822_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231216-212154_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231216-212526_Gallery.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 20, 2023, 4:32:19 AM12/20/23
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Sam ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

20231204161917_IMG_6361.JPG
20231204161843_IMG_6358.JPG
20231204161956_IMG_6362.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 20, 2023, 4:55:50 AM12/20/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Wait for the ultimate help !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 20, 2023, 11:50:22 AM12/20/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Ok dear Saroj ji,
With kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Dec 28, 2023, 3:41:49 AM12/28/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Garg ji,
Thank you very much for forwarding my request for identification, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Dec 28, 2023, 11:58:59 PM12/28/23
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Sabu ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dec 29, 2023, 7:51:39 AM12/29/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, mamiyil sabu
Dear Sabu ji,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 29, 2023, 10:57:47 AM12/29/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, mamiyil sabu

Thank you Dr. Sabu for validating!

Saroj Kasaju

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

Dec 30, 2023, 7:43:57 AM12/30/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu
thank you sabu sir, for the identification.