Satara, Oct 2014 :: Requesting ID :: ARKNOV-27

Alka Khare

Nov 10, 2014, 9:47:54 PM11/10/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends

Requesting to please provide ID of this small plant captured near Satara, Maharashtra in October 2014.

Are these Neanotis lancifolia, although a little deformed?

Thanks and Regards
Alka Khare
Type1IMG_5728.JPG
Type1IMG_5729.JPG
Type1IMG_5730.JPG
Type1IMG_6207.JPG
Type1IMG_5726.JPG
Type1IMG_5727.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 16, 2014, 1:21:21 PM11/16/14
to efloraofindia, Alka

Some earlier relevant feedback:

efi page on Neanotis lancifolia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Type1IMG_5728.JPG
Type1IMG_5729.JPG
Type1IMG_5730.JPG
Type1IMG_6207.JPG
Type1IMG_5726.JPG
Type1IMG_5727.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 22, 2014, 8:15:54 AM11/22/14
to efloraofindia, Alka

Some earlier relevant feedback:

efi page on Neanotis lancifolia

Nov 23, 2014, 11:55:43 PM11/23/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka
Hello all
the leaves does not look like lance shaped. i checked in Flowersofindia. looks like some other species
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Starviolet.html

regards
 satish pardeshi
--
EACH ONE.... PLANT ONE...

Satish Pardeshi
Plant Taxonomist
Mumbai, Pune

Alka Khare

Nov 29, 2014, 7:47:06 AM11/29/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, jmg...@gmail.com, alk...@gmail.com
Thank you Satish ji for the feedback...

Do you think, this could be something else?

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

Alka Khare

Jan 16, 2020, 10:35:43 PM1/16/20
to efloraofindia
Hello Garg ji

These flowers are similar to the ones identified as Neanotis lancifolia in my recent post.

They look similar, requested to please validate.

Regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Jan 17, 2020, 8:44:08 AM1/17/20
to efloraofindia, Alka
OK, Alka ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 25, 2020, 5:45:57 AM1/25/20
to efloraofindia, Alka, satish pardeshi
Thanks, Alka ji,
You seems to be right as per Neanotis lancifolia (Hook.f.) W.H.Lewis

Jan 26, 2020, 11:12:25 PM1/26/20
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji for validating.

Regards
Alka Khare

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 4:15:57 PM UTC+5:30, JM Garg wrote:
Thanks, Alka ji,
You seems to be right as per Neanotis lancifolia (Hook.f.) W.H.Lewis

Satish N. Pardeshi

Feb 14, 2020, 4:16:59 AM2/14/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka
Hello all,

yes it is Neanotis lancifolia

Regards,

Satish Pardeshi

J.M. Garg

Feb 14, 2020, 10:50:04 AM2/14/20
to Satish N. Pardeshi, efloraofindia, Alka
Thanks, Satish ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg