Mussaenda roxburghii in FOI

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2022, 12:23:55 PM8/9/22
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Hi, Tabish ji,
I think images of Mussaenda roxburghii in FOI by you and others are of  Mussaenda frondosa L. rather than those of Mussaenda roxburghii Hook.f., as per images and details herein.
Pl. correct.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 10, 2022, 4:36:40 AM8/10/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Tabish
I guess you are right Mr. Garg !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Tabish

Aug 12, 2022, 12:26:11 PM8/12/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
That's a difficult one Garg ji. Our images agree with the following features of Mussaenda roxburghii, filliform sepals and filliform tips of the petals. I find the sepals of Mussaenda frondosa broader in comparison to our images. Also the buds look different from those of M. frondosa. Our buds appear to agree with the M. roxburghii images on Flora of Bhutan site
If you can point me to some features of M. roxburghii which do not agree well with our images, I will be happy.
   Tabish
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

J.M. Garg

Aug 12, 2022, 12:37:14 PM8/12/22
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Hi, Tabish ji,
As the images are from three places, if you post detailed images from each place, it will be nice.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg