SK 2436 06 February 2020

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 6, 2020, 4:47:00 AM2/6/20

Date: 10 September  2019

Feb 6, 2020, 4:47:34 AM2/6/20

Feb 6, 2020, 4:47:39 AM2/6/20

Feb 6, 2020, 4:47:48 AM2/6/20

Feb 6, 2020, 4:48:20 AM2/6/20

Feb 6, 2020, 4:48:29 AM2/6/20

Feb 6, 2020, 4:49:05 AM2/6/20

Feb 6, 2020, 4:50:48 AM2/6/20

Date: 06 February 2020

Feb 6, 2020, 4:52:46 AM2/6/20

Date: 06 February 2020

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 7, 2020, 3:30:32 AM2/7/20
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Pls ignore !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 5, 2021, 7:15:57 AM4/5/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
ID pending !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 9, 2021, 2:13:26 AM4/9/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Any idea about the family ? Detailed images available at SK 2436 06 February 2020
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 13, 2021, 6:00:00 AM4/13/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Saroj Kasaju
Solanaceae, Cestrum sp.,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 04/13/21, 03:28:59 PM

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 13, 2021, 6:32:31 AM4/13/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraindia
No match with any Cestrum !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 13, 2021, 7:42:01 AM4/13/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Any idea about the family ? Detailed images available at SK 2436 06 February 2020- from me

Solanaceae, Cestrum sp.,- from Paradesi ji

No match with any Cestrum !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Any Jasminum species ?- from me

Apr 14, 2021, 11:20:18 AM4/14/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Couldn't find any match, Sir.
70-100 ft tall Jasminum or Cestrum? Don't know of any.
I would think of member of Lauraceae, like Litsea, but again couldn't find a suitable match.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, surajitkoley
Thanks a lot, Rajeev ji.

Not Cestrum, Jasminum or Litsea, Its definitely a member of Solanaceae, but without flower and mature fruit, cannot say anything with surety.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

Apr 20, 2021, 10:43:42 AM4/20/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks SIr, that explains why I failed on Litsea !!!
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2021, 7:32:55 AM4/25/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, surajitkoley, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Detailed images available at SK 2436 06 February 2020

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Any idea about the family ? Detailed images available at SK 2436 06 February 2020- from me

Solanaceae, Cestrum sp.,- from Paradesi ji

No match with any Cestrum !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Any Jasminum species ?- from me

Couldn't find any match, Sir.
70-100 ft tall Jasminum or Cestrum? Don't know of any.
I would think of member of Lauraceae, like Litsea, but again couldn't find a suitable match.
Thank you.
Best regards,

Surajit Koley

Not Cestrum, Jasminum or Litsea, Its definitely a member of Solanaceae, but without flower and mature fruit, cannot say anything with surety.- from Rajeev Singh ji

Apr 29, 2021, 9:48:31 AM4/29/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Saroj Sir,

I attach here resized photographs of your plant sp. Please, confirm all pictures are from the same plant.

Please, forgive me, I ask you this because the last picture seems to display ripe fruit and after uploading the same you asked to ignore it - https://groups.google.com/g/indiantreepix/c/E83ztn9_gqc/m/1Am_ULdYBAAJ

And, also the tree is around 70 to 100 ft?

Can any member tell me which Solanaceace has 70ft representative in Indian subcontinent?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

DSC_0408 copy.JPG
DSC_0409 copy.JPG
DSC_0410 copy.JPG
DSC_0411 copy.JPG
DSC_0413 copy.JPG
DSC_0415 copy.JPG
DSC_0419.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 30, 2021, 2:43:41 AM4/30/21
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Dealer Surjit ji !

It is a small bushy shrub not very thick branches about 5/6 m. only !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

surajit koley

Apr 30, 2021, 9:17:10 AM4/30/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thank you, Sir.

But, I am afraid, no solanaceae member, listed in Flora of Nepal, meets your species.

Only, Solanum erianthum (NOT your plant) may attain the assumed size of your species.

I do not think your plant belongs to any of the above two Solanaceae members.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 30, 2021, 9:44:56 AM4/30/21
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
It is not I guess.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

radha veach

Apr 30, 2021, 12:46:00 PM4/30/21
to efloraofindia

If the seed images don't belong to this plant then it seems to be Cestrum nocturnum.

regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

May 6, 2021, 12:22:12 PM5/6/21
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley, radha veach, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Surajit ji and Radha ji,
On closer examination to me all the images posted by Saroj ji (except the dried fruit), belong to the same plant.
These looks somewhat different from images at Cestrum nocturnum

With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

May 6, 2021, 9:36:05 PM5/6/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach, Saroj Kasaju
I think Paradesi ji and Radha ji, both are correct.

The last picture ( "except the dried fruit", as you say) doesn\t belong to the plant concerned.
Not branches, but the entire plant would be not more than 5 to 6 meter tall.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

radha veach

May 6, 2021, 11:10:54 PM5/6/21
to efloraofindia
Thank you Surajit ji,

Cestrum nocturnum does occur in the wild as an escape and can grow among other plants taking the support of small trees. The images here are typical of this species at the immature fruiting stage.

regards
Radha

Saroj Kasaju

May 7, 2021, 12:53:30 AM5/7/21
to efloraindia, radha veach, surajit koley, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg
All images belong to same plant !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2021, 1:14:44 AM5/7/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach, surajitkoley, Saroj Kasaju
Green fruits are different from images at Cestrum nocturnum

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

May 7, 2021, 3:11:03 AM5/7/21
to efloraofindia
Yes, Madam, I also saw them growing in the wild. I just couldn't visualize that they can attain such a height to call them trees! Of-course I am not that good observant, at least, was not observant at all before joining eFI.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/58cb1d3a-97fb-42ae-8497-ece3cc1c610bn%40googlegroups.com.

surajit koley

May 7, 2021, 3:17:45 AM5/7/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg
Ok, Sir ji, I made the mistake. first taking it as a 70 ft tree, then a shrub having 15-20 ft ranches. I apologize.
However, all your pictures can be compared with the images available at -

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

surajit koley

May 7, 2021, 3:19:38 AM5/7/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach, Saroj Kasaju
These are just green fruit, Sir! Saroj ji might have picked ripe fruits from the ground below.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2021, 3:29:53 AM5/7/21
to surajit koley, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks, Surajit ji.
Do you agree with Radha ji's id?
I am not fully satisfied. Leaves also look slightly different.
Can there be some other wild species close to it?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

May 7, 2021, 3:37:29 AM5/7/21
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Yes, Sir, I do agree 100%, instead of looking at the "single leaf" picture, please compare the leaves present in the other pictures.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

surajit koley

May 7, 2021, 3:45:25 AM5/7/21
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 21, 2022, 5:32:14 AM9/21/22
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Cestrum nocturnum L. is the correct ID !

Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

DSC01436.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 21, 2022, 5:33:12 AM9/21/22
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC01439.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 21, 2022, 5:33:21 AM9/21/22
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC01443.JPG

radha veach