Primula bracteosa in FOI

J.M. Garg

Mar 19, 2022, 11:27:45 AM3/19/22
to efloraofindia
Hi, Tabish ji,
Pl. see Primula bracteosa (syn: Primula boothii) in FOI.
Pl. check which is the correct name for the posted image in FoI.

We have Primula boothii W. G. Craib in efi, which looks similar.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2022, 6:32:45 AM3/23/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 23, 2022, 6:44:01 AM3/23/22
to efloraindia, Tabish

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2022, 3:25:50 AM3/28/22
to Tabish, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Awaiting Tabish ji's feedback.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

Mar 28, 2022, 5:47:45 AM3/28/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji,
   The primulaworld page for Primula boothii says
"Confusion exists as to whether this species is distinct or synonymous with P. bracteosa. Both the Flora of Bhutan and the Flora of China, as well as modern Nepalese accounts consider these species the same. Primula boothii was originally found in Eastern Bhutan and into Arunachal Pradesh, but later collections from that area have been identified as P. bracteosa (or P. gracilipes)."
Since I am not able to differentiate between the two, as of now I am keeping the two same.
   Tabish