For Allium species ID

ཨོ་རྒྱན་འཆི་མེད་གསལ་འཛིན། Wangchuk

May 4, 2019, 2:06:02 PM5/4/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Hi kindly help me to ID this Allium species found within Spruce forest at an altitude above 3000 m.   Smelling of Garlic

Thanks
Rinchen

--
Wildlife Sustainability and Ecosystem Science,
College of Agriculture and Natural Resource Science

Ushadi Micromini

May 4, 2019, 10:30:27 PM5/4/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
leaves are similar to one seen in aAlium ursinum
cant see flowers so it up to imagination

Usha di

J.M. Garg

May 5, 2019, 3:53:37 AM5/5/19
to ཨོ་རྒྱན་འཆི་མེད་གསལ་འཛིན། Wangchuk, efloraofindia
Pl. check with images at Allium and Amaryllidaceae
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

J.M. Garg

May 5, 2019, 11:21:23 PM5/5/19
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

May 15, 2019, 12:12:52 AM5/15/19
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia, ཨོ་རྒྱན་འཆི་མེད་གསལ་འཛིན། Wangchuk

J.M. Garg

May 15, 2019, 12:13:29 AM5/15/19
to ཨོ་རྒྱན་འཆི་མེད་གསལ་འཛིན། Wangchuk, efloraofindia
I also could not find match with the existing species at given efi site links.

J.M. Garg

May 15, 2019, 12:15:02 AM5/15/19
to efloraofindia, ཨོ་རྒྱན་འཆི་མེད་གསལ་འཛིན། Wangchuk, Ushadi micromini
Hi, Wangchuk ji,
What are the species of Allium reported from your area ?

--
Which Alium sp (1).JPG
Which Alium sp (2).JPG

J.M. Garg

May 15, 2019, 1:39:53 AM5/15/19
to ཨོ་རྒྱན་འཆི་མེད་གསལ་འཛིན། Wangchuk, efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini
Thanks, Wangchuk ji.

On Wed, 15 May 2019 at 09:47, ཨོ་རྒྱན་འཆི་མེད་གསལ་འཛིན། Wangchuk <rinch...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning Dr.ji,
It was A.prattii.

Thank for asking.

Good day ahead.

Rinchen
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Ushadi Micromini

May 15, 2019, 2:12:21 AM5/15/19
to J.M. Garg, ཨོ་རྒྱན་འཆི་མེད་གསལ་འཛིན། Wangchuk, efloraofindia
so it turns out to be a wild onion
and not a garlic

good to know
Thanks, Gargji