MS Dec.2014/01 Alphonsea sp. ? for ID

M Sawmliana

Dec 2, 2014, 9:48:23 AM12/2/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Location : Tawi, Mizoram
Altitude : ca. 1,500 m.
Date : Flower - 08-04-2012
          Fruit - 11-09-2012 (unmature)
Habit : Medium-zized evergreen tree
Habitat : It grows wild
Note : Fruit edible

With regards,
M.Sawmliana
Harual.jpg
Harual-b.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 8, 2014, 1:31:46 AM12/8/14
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Harual.jpg
Harual-b.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 14, 2014, 3:54:25 AM12/14/14
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Forwarding again for Idassistance please.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:25:59 AM8/14/19
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana

Aug 14, 2019, 4:15:10 PM8/14/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Alphonsea seems okay to me. Species?

navendu page

Aug 15, 2019, 1:38:25 AM8/15/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Definitely a species of Alphonsea

Navendu
--
Navendu Page

Scientist-C
Wildlife Institute of India,
Dehradun - 248001.
Ph: +91 9611053510

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2019, 3:47:21 AM8/15/19
to navendu page, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thanks, Navendu ji.
There are only two species reported from the area.
Can it  be Alphonsea lutea as per images, details and references herein, as it looks different from other species i.e. Alphonsea ventricosa (Roxb.) Hook. f. & Thomson?

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 15, 2019, 4:36:22 AM8/15/19
to efloraindia, navendu page, M Sawmliana
Alphonsea gaudichaudiana (Baill.) Finet & Gagnep.   found in india ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 24, 2019, 1:06:44 AM8/24/19
to efloraofindia, navendu page, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju
No. it is not found in India as per POWO